cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonus Data Added Without My Authorization?

Seanjohn112
I've been around

Hello.

My current plan is a Corp plan that allows for 5 GB per month. I am 10 days into my cycle and suddenly I’ve gained an additional 5 GB of data ( total 10gb).

Is this some temp bonus or did someone make some unauthorized changes? Haven’t received any emails or texts from Rogers.

Thank you very much.

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bonus Data Added Without My Authorization?

Hello @Seanjohn112 & @Phil121!

A warm welcome to the Community and congrats on your first posts with us! I hope you and the loved ones have been keeping safe and are in good spirits! 😁

Although having bonus GB's added to your service must be a nice surprise, I'd also be a bit weary with not knowing where it came from or why it got added. 🤨

Are you sure there was no text message or email communication sent your way to clarify the reason why it was added? If you would like us to review your account to confirm the legitimacy of the offer, we are happy to do so.

For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Phil121
I've been around

I’ve received the exact same message this morning and was wondering the same thing.

Hello @Seanjohn112 & @Phil121!

A warm welcome to the Community and congrats on your first posts with us! I hope you and the loved ones have been keeping safe and are in good spirits! 😁

Although having bonus GB's added to your service must be a nice surprise, I'd also be a bit weary with not knowing where it came from or why it got added. 🤨

Are you sure there was no text message or email communication sent your way to clarify the reason why it was added? If you would like us to review your account to confirm the legitimacy of the offer, we are happy to do so.

For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

Ducker
I plan to stick around

Hi,

I'm on a 16GB Share Everything plan, and on June 19th I received an email confirming changes to my account - these changes were not initiated nor authorized by me.  

I checked my account and saw that there were 15GB of 'Bonus' data added to my accounts (4 lines total).  I called Rogers that day to inquire as to who authorized the change, and was met with some confusion.  After speaking with a couple of reps, I was told that the data had been added by Rogers (ok, great I think), and there was no end-date associated with it.  This left me confused, and suspicious.

I'm of the opinion that Rogers likely wants me to migrate to an Infinite plan - something I'd looked into at launch, but that would cost me at least $100 more/month...and we comfortably stay under our 16GB anyway.  

I'm guessing Rogers would like to get us hooked on more data, then remove the bonus and sell us on the Infinite plan.  Yeah, I'm a skeptic. 🙂

Does anyone else have insight as to the possible duration of this bonus data add-on?

Hello, @Ducker

Thanks for posting your concern in our Community!

I don't blame you for being suspicious about the bonus data that you received, it's always in your best interests to be safe and confirm any changes you've seen on your account.

With regards to the duration of the bonus data, we'd need to take a look at your account on file to determine what the end date would be for this add-on. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, Click Here.

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation