Blacklisted Address? Help!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Blacklisted Address? Help!

@BS wrote:
Never would have thought that when my lawyer does a lean checkpoint to purchase to include cable. Live and learn. We ensure water hydro etc are cleared before completion. Never thought about able. Now I know. Good luck getting it cleaned up.

I still have to hard checks on my credit checks for someone else who fortunately was refused credit but you think I can get them of my credit report from over ten years ago. We get left proving that we aren't responsible for someone else's mess or fraud attempts.

Bruce

This was my first thought on this.

When we moved into our first place, there were bills that were not paid and the gas at least was blacklisted for the house.

When the lawyer found out, he put the things in process, submiting the right papers and it was fixed right away.

I would wonder if that should be the same process for this.  That you see if the lawyer can submit the right documentation, etc.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Why is the property blacklisted anyway  .... it's the people that Rogers  rented  the  services to  that pay the bill and need to be tracked down...not the real estate .. a little different than gas , water ,and sewer charges.

In this case was there any incumberance for the purchaser's  lawyer or realtor to even deal with ?  

I think this is just Rogers taking the easy way out and almost losing a  potential  customer because of it.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@barndoor wrote:

Why is the property blacklisted anyway  .... it's the people that Rogers  rented  the  services to  that pay the bill and need to be tracked down...not the real estate .. a little different than gas , water ,and sewer charges.

In this case was there any incumberance for the purchaser's  lawyer or realtor to even deal with ?  

I think this is just Rogers taking the easy way out and almost losing a  potential  customer because of it.

Rogers has told me that the address is blacklisted due to a previous tenant mainly, (Whom the last homeowner was renting out to, They havent told me if there was more than one in the past). They told me that if they don't find it profitable to give service to an address they will blacklist it, sometimes for good.

Be aware if this ever happens to you that you need to give permission for a full backcheck on yourself and who you know, which I agreed to (without agreeing they would'nt proceed).

I have spent this whole weekend frustrated beyond belief, I will be contacting them again first thing tomorrow morning. I will keep providing updates and I truly appreciate everyone here that are mostly in agreeance with the fact that this is ridiculous.

I'm a Senior Advisor

All I can do is shake my head - I would hand it over to the lawyer - it will cost some money - but he/she may cover it as a missed search on the orginal outstanding liens on the house - I am sure they don't think of telecom either - who would have thunk!!

Let us know how it goes - and yes we are a pretty caring bunch on here, but I think this one is beyond all of us to provide a suggestion for a solution.

Good luck again, Bruce

I'm Here A Lot

Update:

I called into Credit Ops and they told me that they couldnt help and transferred me back to customer care. The customer care agent told me the amount outstanding is over $6000 from previous tenants of this property. To immediatly remove the block I'd have to pay for it. You can probably guess what I said to that.

She also told me that the last submitted document to clear the house went to the wrong department. This is now being handled by the fraud department, I had to put all of my info in, including my birth certificate to again prove I dont know these people and its going to take another 3 days.

Fun times.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@L1nx30

So if I have your history on this right, your data was entered wrong once - had to fix that, your extensive information that you pulled together for them was then sent to the wrong department, and so now you have sent them it again and told another 3 days.

I can understand the mess of getting caught in the middle of Rogers and a previous home owner - that is what lawyers do to get us through - I had to sign an affidative that I had never know a person with my name who bought something 3 years before cosigned for some woman.  That was the end of that one.

But you have at least 2 errors now on their part, and you haven't even mentioned why this has taken over 6 months to deal with.  Get it resolved, then request compensation - this is a lot of your time spent with no results.

Keep us up to date, I can't imagine your level of frustration, and I have had my fair share over time with Rogers and other companies, nothing like what you are descirbing. Nothing like being monkey in the middle.

Bruce