Blacklisted Address? Help!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Blacklisted Address? Help!

Hello,

I purchased a home in August. The previous person living in the home was a tenant that had Rogers. He apparently didn't pay his bill nor did he leave his equipment behind. While I was moving in July a Rogers guy came to the door and asked if he left any equipment and he didn't.

Now I'm trying to sign up to Rogers and they're telling me my address is blacklisted and that it has been escalated. This is the second day now and I was just wanting to know if anyone has experience with this process as I'm not too sure what happens next. As the new home owner, I'm pretty frustrated with this.

***Edited Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Blacklisted Address? Help!

When you say "it has been escalated", what does that mean exactly?  That it has been escalated to someone who can authorize the services, or escalated to a collections agency who will attempt to collect the former tenants debt from you?  

I'm Here A Lot

@Datalink wrote:

When you say "it has been escalated", what does that mean exactly?  That it has been escalated to someone who can authorize the services, or escalated to a collections agency who will attempt to collect the former tenants debt from you?  

Thanks for the quick response,

The agent on the phone tried to contact a few departments that could help but to no avail. He said it has been escalated to the "address maintenance ops" whoever they are but I guess Rogers has a team for everything. He did find out that it has gone to collections for the person that did live here.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

LOL  ... if they can't sort something thatsimple  in short order ... I'd consider it a sign from above  that  you would be better off to find a different service provider .  Smiley Wink

Hi @L1nx30,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post. 

If the request has been submitted to remove the address from the blacklist,  it takes 3-5 business days for the request to be actioned.

If you'd like us to review your request for you, feel free to reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelpsTo learn more about our Private Messaging system, you can visit here.

RogersZia

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

So Rogers knew that the property had changed hands back in July and hasn't corrected the blacklisting until now after the the new property owner has had to take their time and apply for it ?

LOL.

Isn't it time for a policy change?

I'm Here A Lot

Well apparently the agent entered my information incorrectly when submitting this secret form that they use to see if I know the person physically that I had to submit. I dont get it? The first request was denied due to the fact that they spelt my name wrong.

Is there some secret Rogers agents out there that do backchecks on family and friends?

I am now told to wait another 3 business days. Why Rogers? I'm a technician that works on the services everyday and I would like to get rid of Bell. I called for the service back when I first moved in and they declined me for no reason. It wasnt until I called again and asked exactly why that it brought all of this to a head.

I'm frustrated with how this is being handled, I don't even know this guy but I feel like i'm being held liable for a previous owner/tenants errors. I moved 3 hours north into a house from Toronto and I can't even get the service. I'm starting to notice why everyone around me is choosing TPIA service which is Rogers slang for Third Party access over Rogers itself.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Never would have thought that when my lawyer does a lean checkpoint to purchase to include cable. Live and learn. We ensure water hydro etc are cleared before completion. Never thought about able. Now I know. Good luck getting it cleaned up.

I still have to hard checks on my credit checks for someone else who fortunately was refused credit but you think I can get them of my credit report from over ten years ago. We get left proving that we aren't responsible for someone else's mess or fraud attempts.

Bruce
I'm Here A Lot

@BS wrote:
Never would have thought that when my lawyer does a lean checkpoint to purchase to include cable. Live and learn. We ensure water hydro etc are cleared before completion. Never thought about able. Now I know. Good luck getting it cleaned up.

I still have to hard checks on my credit checks for someone else who fortunately was refused credit but you think I can get them of my credit report from over ten years ago. We get left proving that we aren't responsible for someone else's mess or fraud attempts.

Bruce

I just hope it gets cleared up within a reasonable amount of time. Not sure what else I can do. I'm pretty sure with the lack of response from Rogers in this forum other than the robotic response above that i'm SOL for now.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@L1nx30 Reread the previous posts from you, and without a doubt, "what a calamity of errors".  And like @barndoor said with a level of amazement, and the same level of frustration for you as I have and us powerless to help you, as this board as you have learned does not give you access to Rogers about your personal issues - accept for the mentioned @CommunityHelps, may be able to help expidite this, but sounds like you are already in contact with them along the way, it just is not moving forward very fast and has a few errors on their end that have made the situation more difficult - me personally, when this gets done, make sure you have not been billed for any of these impacted services, and ask for compensation for inconvenience due to the data entry error - the rest of the problem is not truly their responsibility, but it appears that they are trying, just not very quickly (August is a long time ago).  Take a break from it have a good New Year, drink to an easier life when it comes to electronic communication and customer service, and go back at it directly with at this point, I would stay at the office of the president level, and maybe up to the Ombudsman.

They know what has happened, know what needs to be done, now to try to be patient and hopefully it gets resolved sooner than later.

Feel free to continue to communicate how it is going here, but you are right, this is not the place to get if fixed.  About all we can do for you now is sympathize.

All the best, a fellow user, who wishes I could help you more.

Happy new year, Bruce