Bill decrease after tab is paid?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Bill decrease after tab is paid?

Hi I'm curious to know if after my flex tab is paid and completed (i.e. my contract is finished), will my bill decrease by the amount that was going towards paying off the flex tab?

So if $18 a month was going towards my flex tab that was originally $450, will my bill be $18 less after my "tab" or contract is competed. 

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Bill decrease after tab is paid?

Unfortunately... NOPE 😞

The only way usually that there is a discount on a line.. is when a new line is STARTED with no hardware, and you bring your own device (and even then, its only like %10 or something)

I've Been Here Awhile

Well that's stupid....

Thanks for replying!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Even before the hardware credit was the way it was now.. with just an upgrade 'bonus' after x many years.. (if you canceled at say only 1 month in... or 5 months left.. could be the same $200+ cancelation fee)...

The plan never really changed, based on if you were on contract or not.

I've Been Here Awhile

That's outrageous. It sounds to me like the best thing to do is to get a pay as you go phone from Rogers or someonese else - preferrebly not a carrier - and therefore paying full price for it, then "bringing your own" phone to a Rogers plan, paying the line activation fee of $15 then paying the "bring your own phone" price in perpetuity instead of the "new phone" price.

I've Been Around

And because of this ridiculous practise, I am going to another provider at the end of my contract in March!  Thanks for nothing, Rogers.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @krisha14

Goodluck with your next carrier of choosing. Just remember this " practice" as you call it is being done by ALL carriers. So you won't find a carrier that will discount your plan because u paid off the device you got on a substite. Goodluck
I've Been Around

Once it is paid off, just give them a call. They will renegotiate.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Sharbotcom

While that is correct, this thread is for another purpose and users are asking about the device balance and ur plan dropping down in price after the contract is up.

While u can call in and negotiate, at times it's not what the customer wants.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix In fact, Koodo has a tab where you pay your phone $X/month and once your balance is paid in full, it's paid and they stop charing you the monthly $X required for the tab.

So yes, your plan gets cheaper once your balance is paid.