Bill Due Dates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Bill Due Dates

A comment and/or warning.  

• Not for the first time I had to contact customer service with regards to due dates on my bills.  This happens on both my cell phone and cable bills.  They tend to make the due dates on a Friday.  I pay online post dating to the due date.  The banks process the payment on the proper date but Rogers doesn't process it until the Monday.  Then, the next month there is a late payment charge.  This only happens if the due date is on a Friday.  Now, it's noticeable to me as my charges never change but to someone with varying charges they might not notice an extra two dollars.  How much is Rogers making on these bogus charges?  A due date is a due date and if you as a company cannot process on the day stated then use a date where it is possible.
  • So for all Rogers customers out there, keep an eye on your bills.

***Edited Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Bill Due Dates

It's often the case that if you pay via the bank on the "due date" it may not get to the actual entity until the next business day.  I suggest you pay a day before, or do as I do and have auto payment, which is never an issue for me.

When interest rates were high, it might make sense to "keep" your money for a day or so, but these days it's only an invitation for problems.

I Plan to Stick Around

I normally do that with Rogers but forget every now and then.  I don't have this issue with any other company or utility and only with Rogers when it's a Friday.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This may be a computer issue with Rogers (or the bank, or both, working in concert). Rogers "looks" at your account on the Friday, doesn't see the payment and automatically triggers a  late payment charge.

I have a Rogers MasterCard and make a payment on a certain date, usually long before the due date since I don't make any interest on that account anyway.  The payment doesn't usually appear on my online Rogers MasterCard transaction statement for a couple of days, but when it appears, it shows the "correct" date that I told the bank to pay.  Really Rogers' computer should detect that for you and delete the late payment fee.  You may wish to contact them about this issue.

If I had the option, I would have "auto-pay" on my Rogers MasterCard, like I do for every other bill I pay each month, but that's not yet available with Rogers MasterCard.

Another option for you may be to set some sort of reminder in your calendar so you can check to ensure your bill was paid "on time".  I have such a reminder for my Rogers MasterCard, but I don't need it for anything else since those bills are all auto-pay.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It may vary from bank to bank then maybe as well?

I am with TD.  If i make the payment on the due date, with the bank, even if on a weekend, i have never been charged an overage with Rogers.

My guess is the bank, even if they dont process it with rogers by that day, they prove to rogers that the payment was made by that date?

I'm a Senior Advisor

Usually when the due date falls on a weekend the pre-authorized payment comes out on the Monday (or Tuesday when it's a statutory holiday long weekend and is not charged as "late".  However, it has happened to me once and after contacting Rogers the charge was reimbursed on the next bill.  So keep an eye on your bills for any unwarranted increases.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Around

My bill due date fell on a Saturday and I schedule my payment from my bank account for that date.  The transaction didn't get processed until the Monday and Rogers got payment on Tuesday.  It's a $15 charge against a $500 bill.  I called customer support with the expectation that this would be cleared up ASAP and the agent completely refused to reverse the charge.  I have been a rogers customer for 10+ years, I have 3 lines on his account and have never once been late with a payment and this is the thanks?  When companies ask about customer loyalty, just remember that it's a two way street.  I'm seriously looking for a new provider

Hello @Jay73,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and congratulations on your first post!

I can imagine how frustrating it must have been to open your bill and see an additional charge for a late fee when you scheduled your payment for that date. =(

In general, it can take up to 5 business days for a payment to be processed via the Bank. Each bank has its own time frame so it would be a good idea to speak with them to see what their policy is. I recommend scheduling your payments 5 business days early to ensure to cover any possible delays in processing at the Bank and avoid any late fees.

We really appreciate your loyalty to the Rogers brand over the last 10+ years and would hate to see you cancel your services over this matter. Please send a Private message to @CommunityHelps so we can gather your information and try to make this right for you.

If you are not familiar with our Private messaging system please Click Here.

RogersTony

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Jay73 wrote:

My bill due date fell on a Saturday and I schedule my payment from my bank account for that date.  

As discussed earlier in this thread, this is simply asking for trouble.  Either leave yourself a few business days depending on your bank's policy, or go to auto-pay.