cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Doesn't Reflect the Priceplan I was Offered

paterson8736
I've been around

You call me and offer a plan cheaper then the provider I’m with so I decided to take the offer and leave my other provider. when I get my bill I am charged more than triple what I was told. Spending all day on the phone I was told they did make a mistake but I still needed to make a payment and would not issue me a new bill. They would not transfer me to a supervisor and put me on hold for hours. They expect me to pay for a bill I don’t agree with. It is fraud and I’m wondering how many people they do this to and get away with it. These cell phone companies are getting away with overcharging customers and need to be held responsible.

***Edited Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bill Doesn't Reflect the Priceplan I was Offered

RogersJermaine

Hi @paterson8736,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your post.

We do thank you for accepting the offer and choosing us as your service provider. You can find more about understanding your bill here.

We do appreciate your feedback and thank you again!

Regards 
RogersJermaine

Fupal
I've been around

I have been going through the exact same thing for almost 2 years. My normal bill should be 450$ for 3 phone line, 2 watches and a tablet and I'm being charge anywhere from 800-1600$ per month instead, I call rogers they tell me, I'm wrong the bill is right. Even when getting them to do calculation with you they finally agree they are wrong and have been over charging, only then to back pedal and continue sticking it to you. I bought a phone, they sent it to me and it was a broken phone, and i called them they said to send it back. I sent the phone back to them. Rogers said they never got the phone back, and have continued to charge me for the phone 2500$ plus the 100$ month phone plan. They will not cancel the phone plan. I also have a phone that had been stolen and same problem still have to pay for it, even though I took out the insurance for it. There excuse is it's my fault they didn't get it. So I guess im in control of canada post. They also made me pay 1800$ in long distance to the USA that i didnt make. The list of . ery goes on with rogers. Even abuse from there employees. This phone company is absolutely awful.  I'm pretty sure this is fraud and theft.   2 years of an average 1000$ a month in over charges and the phones is about 30,000$. This is outrageous and unfair.  I'm now with telus a lesser of 2 evils but at least my bill doesn't exceed 250$ a month.

**Labels Added**

This exact same thing is happening to me. When I could finally speak to a person- I was told I should've called "after the year was up b/c I should've seen the promotion wouldn't last my entire life". Word-for-word. I had no idea it was a promotion, your agent pitched it to me and it never occurred to me it was my job to check-in whenever you randomly changed it- to make sure I was still paying for the only thing I signed-up for. I never, ever blame the agents, but I should mention this guy who told me all about "usually" and " should've" and "don't know what that agent told you" was incredibly disrespectful. I don't care what other ppl "usually" do or frankly- what anyone else's bill has to do with mine. Please explain why you can jack the price by 33% and make it my fault when I've done nothing but pay on time. Don't give me an FAQ or article or link. They aren't helpful at all. I'm not an idiot and I did nothing but use the service you offered. 

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 in conversation