Be careful of Third Party charge on your cell bill

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Be careful of Third Party charge on your cell bill

Last night i checked my cell bill and see a third party charge of $9.99.  The bill says i have to contact the third party company for questions on this charge (Rogers is washing their hands clean on this).  I called the company (Buongiorno) and they say i sent them a message to subscribe the services (the thing is i never receive any so called 'service' from them).  They immediately cancel my subscription but say there is no refund.  I ask for the billing department or manager, but the woman just say they are call centre only and there is no number for the billing area or number for complaint.  Just want everyone to check their bill carefully and so disappointed Rogers cannot do anyting on it, at least has to block this company from reaching to the clients.

Buongiorno is a listed Italian company, their website gives an email address to the Toronto office,  but i have no hope on recovering the money.  Probably the best way to stop this is switching back to Prepaid plan and no use any text message services. wifi is everywhere now, no need for data plan!

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Be careful of Third Party charge on your cell bill

These are common. Particularly when you see free offers onine or on tv... such as a free ringtone, or free wallpaper. The small print says you agree to a monthly fee, often in exchange for free horoscopes, jokes, weather updates etc....

Always read the fine print!

I'm Here A Lot

The thing is i never click on those free offers!

I Plan to Stick Around

Anything ask for your cell number recently? Things like IQ tests etc on the web and Facebook will ask for your number to get the results
I Plan to Stick Around

There actually is a third party block that Rogers can now place on your account if you ask for it, or if you call in complaining about third party charges, a rep should immediately be offering that block.

Third party charges only ever occur when you directly text message a third party company.  Therefore, your responsible for your phone, and I don't see why Rogers should credit you for a service that you used. 

Give them a call and ask for the block to be placed on your phone.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

@sawabawa. You are wrong. Rogers does charge you even tho you have NEVER used any third party company. I have been charged 6 times within the last 2 years and all the 6 times I had Rogers investigate and I had the CRTC look into it. All 6 times they saw I got billed for nothing and NEVER once did Rogers say " we are sorry". They did credit me all 6 times. All you need to do Is talk to a manager or retentions and either threaten to leave or ask them to investigate. Also I just called about the third party block Feature and they hang up... Great service eh?
I Plan to Stick Around

Not entirely sure who you were speaking with, but I highly doubt that an agent just flat out HUNG up on you.  They can lose their job for that... so either your exagerating, or they're no longer working for Rogers.  And secondly, asking for the third party block is not frowned upon.  It's a newish feature that Rogers set up to prevent such charges.... so it makes no sense for someone to hang up on you.

Perhaps in that instance you didn't actually use the 3rd party service, but it's very rare for that to happen.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

IT does makes sense tho. Go read the Rogers Facebook page & all the internet blogs which you will see a lot of people saying Rogers hangs up & then the reps say its our fault because the line go cut off. How does the line get cut off seeing as i was on the phone for 45 mins before i called Rogers & not once did i have an issue of my line getting cut off. Rogers reps do it sometimes when they have not answer or do not want to transfer you to someone else. I record ALL the convons with Rogers when i call & 95% of the time the line gets cut out.

IT is rare but i am not the ONLY one that has faced this issue. Many people take Rogers to small claims court because of this & the companies as well. I know 4 people that i work with which Called the CRTC & BBB ( Better Business Bureau) in which Rogers give them a credit OR offered to cancel the line without any cancellation fees due to this. Believe me there is a lot I mean A LOT of people having the same issue.

Rogers reps always blame us & yes some people do it & all but some do not do anything & get charged for no reason. Reps at Rogers & other carriers as well ALWAYS blame the costumer no matter what. They never take responsibility for the companies actions or the reps actions. There are so rare reps that actually care & help you tho.

I called back after the line go cut off & talked to a manager from Retentions & they told me that they are sorry for the line getting cut off & they offered me a discount. Why would i want a discount when i am leaving Rogers next month to go to Fido... ( Yes i know Rogers owns Fido but Fido has better costumer service & i had Fido for about 4 years & never once did i have any problems with them).

I Plan to Stick Around

I know for a fact that Rogers does have a lot of disconnection issues when transfering a call.  It has nothing to do with the REP transfering a call wrong, it has everything to do with the fact that lately a lot of calls have been getting dropped when transfering a customer.  Whether you're on hold for 45 mins prior to speaking to a rep, does not have any affect on whether you get disconnected or not, because your placed in the automated queue.  The issue has been that a lot of calls have been getting disconnected as soon as the call reaches the rep. 

REPS don't have any control over how Rogers or any other company for that matter, acts.  Despite what customers may think, the REPS you speak to are only doing what they've been trained to do, and are following guidelines set out for them.  I'm not entirely sure why people get the impression that REPS have all of this control over pricing, extra costs that a customer incurs, etc, because clearly they don't.

I'm sorry you have had issues with Rogers... but there are millions of people that NEVER have issues with Rogers.  I've been with Rogers for 7 years and have never once had an issue with them that wasn't resolved immediately.  In fact, out of the 7 years I've been with Rogers, I've called in once for a billing error, and it was fixed immediately. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

I suggest you go search on Google to find out how many people are having huge problems with Rogers. Go on Rogers facebook / Rogers twitter & see it for your self.

Althought Managers do tho. Managers at Retention are able to help you out no matter what. They do not do that tho. If you think Rogers is great so be it but maybe instead of putting " Millions have never had a issue" I suggest like i said Research it before posting it. I have been with Rogers for 9 years. Since 2009 they started to screw me & others over. Ted Rogers would be ashamed if he seen his company not caring about its costumer & ONLY caring about the money they bring in.  Do not believe me? Research it. Ted Rogers cared about his company & costumers.   There is around 48 thousand potetions & millions in small claims courts that have been about Rogers. Call the CRTC & BBB. they them selfs will tell you most of the calls they get are about Rogers alone. ( i have talked to a few people at the CRTC & BBB confirming that.)

The Fact is that a Managers are supposed to help out costumers. IF Managers & Supervisiors fail to do that then its up to the costumer to go & take it to a high person ( Which is the office of the president or CRTC / BBB). **bleep** i have met many Great Managers at Rogers which have helped me but when you train a rep they are listeing to what the Manager / trainned is telling them. I have asked a many reps to transfer me to Managers & they reffused to & ONCE i said i am recording the phone call & i will call back & make sure i file a complaint THAT is when some of the reps transfer you to save them selfs from getting fired or suspended without pay. I know all this because i have a few friends that work at the call centers for Rogers here in Toronto which tell me what they get told to say to a costumer.

All in all every carrier is the same. Rogers tends tho to **bleep** millions off ( which i do have all the proof of this & i posted for you to even see), Rogers is going downhill sooner or later. Yes they have 9.2 million costumers but out of those 9.2 most of them are going to leave within a few years if Rogers does not start paying attention to what is really there.

What i am saying is that even Retention is able to give you discounts & credit you back but the rep choices not too. I have many recorded convos in which can prove that. Once you tell their managers tho that is when the Managers start helping & ofcourse if you file a complaint on the rep that is when the rep & manager get screw.

Next month im swtiching to Fido. Yes they are owned by Rogers.