Bango.com/Google charges on my Rogers Bill

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob8888
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Bango.com/Google charges on my Rogers Bill

Bob8888
I Plan to Stick Around

believe that it was about a week

Frankchen
I've Been Here Awhile

thanks.
Frankchen
I've Been Here Awhile

I have already submitted the complain to CCTS, we need take action to stop this issue happen. I just received the Jan 2021's Bill, it happen again, from Bango...
MSWebb
I'm Here A Lot

The more I work with Bango to have this addressed, the more scammy they sound. By the time they get around to doing a refund they would have a lot of information on me. Check out the latest request...

Thank you for your latest message concerning this matter. As you've mentioned the mobile number given is associated with an Apple iPad, we are in need of more information to help us look into this situation further.

Action required:

Send us a screenshot of the receipt for the iPad's purchase
Send us a screenshot of the contract with the carrier when services began on the line in question.

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.
Kind regards,

XXXXXXX - Bango Customer Support

sembalukhart
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: RE: Bango.com/Google charges on my Rogers Bill

The exact same thing has happened to me 3 times now, most recently on this months bill!!!
Google was no help, tried emailing a company called bango.com and got no reply. Called Rogers support and got no help there either.
sembalukhart
I've Been Here Awhile

What’s even worse is that this is happening on my iPad, which doesn’t even have or support a google account!!!!!
Xdj
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm sorry to hear you are having fraudulent charges on your account.

Have you contacted Rogers to block 3rd party charges and Direct Carrier Billing? I also requested the cell# be changed for the device that is having the issues. This will prevent further fraudulent charges connected to your device on the old #.

I know this doesn't help with the charges at the moment but should stop further charges from occurring.

I'm not sure if you have read through this thread from the beginning but you are not alone and it seems that Rogers has not figured out what is happening.

It's been over a year since I had issues and fraudulent charges are still happening to people and there's no paper trail to follow when charges are made.

All I can suggest is to continue to contact the parties involved and keep pleading your case. As well, read through this thread from the beginning to see what others have done.

Good luck,

X

NN91
I've Been Here Awhile

I am currently experiencing the same issue. I was charged $39.99 for a karaoke application, which was never purchased by me or anyone else who has access to the tablets (only my husband and I have access to them. And no, we do not have children).

I've spoken to a total of 3 Rogers reps, and they have each told me that they cannot do anything about the charges and that I need to contact Bango for a refund. I have contacted the usersupport email provided for Bango and I am waiting for them to reply. One of the reps even told me that "this company does this sort of thing all the time and I've had another customer request the same thing today." So if that's the situation, why is this company still able to do this!? Why haven't they been stopped?!

The last rep is currently trying to suspend all third party applications from making any charges to the wireless numbers in my account. Let's hope this works ... Still waiting on Bango to reply to me about my refund.

MSWebb
I'm Here A Lot

Watch what info Bango is asking for as well. Initially they will ask for information you can't provide (because this is a fraudulent charge) and then they will want more personal details (which sounds an awful lot like building a false profile). I wasn't able to get a refund until I pushed back on providing any more details and that I would report them to my local authorities as fraud.