Bango.com/Google charges on my Rogers Bill

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tammy4
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Bango.com/Google charges on samemy Rogers Bill

This is VERY FRUSTRATING... because it is taking so long for "someone" from BANGO (usersupport)... I am still waiting for BANGO to reimburse my ROGERS account and these extra charges started back in November 2020. Again, this was a FREE TABLET from ROGERS. I was charged for video games... POKEMON and an ENTERTAINMENT site... interesting why this happened???? Again, I have told BANGO 7x now, I am a high school English teacher and I have NEVER played POKEMON in my lifetime, nor do I download any video games on my tablet. The ironic part is... I have NEVER given my password to anyone, my tablet does NOT leave my house... I have no children and no one else uses my tablet, but me... ONLY ME... and these "EXTRA CHARGES" were added to my tablet while I was teaching school (in the exact school building) and my tablet was home -- how strange is that? Yes, someone has hacked my tablet. How? I have no clue. First of all, I would NOT be playing POKEMON at school... and I am 100% certain that I have NEVER played POKEMON at home. I am more than frustrated. 

Ckiks21
I've Been Around

Re: RE: Bango.com/Google charges on my Rogers Bill

Nous avons aussi ces frais sur notre facture et nous ne comprenons pas d'où cela provient. Je vais communiquer avec rogers
MSWebb
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Bango.com/Google charges on my Rogers Bill

I am going through the same nonsense right now.

The exception from your tale is that Rogers is telling me they can't block or refund, Bango is telling me they can't block or refund and Google wants a correlation id which I can't get. 

I will have no choice but to cancel my service and switch providers. Seems like a tidy little money maker they have going on.

DP14
I'm Here A Lot

This is really unbelievable; seems like all of us have received the “free tablet” and then suffer with these fraudulent charges. What a total scam!! I wouldn’t doubt Rogers is in on this with Bango.
Bottom line is, if Rogers is asking for the money, then Rogers is responsible to provide a receipt for the charges along with supporting documentation.
I think it may be time that we all move on to different providers as it seems Rogers doesn’t care about its customers.
On an unrelated topic, Rogers no longer provides a free phone upgrade on 2 year contract. So my bill was 85/month, now it’s $75/month but if I want a phone I’d have to finance one for approx $50/month. So why didn’t my bill go down $50?!? The way I see it, my bill went up $40 per month because I am getting less?? What is with this company?!? Don’t they have enough money?? Greed......
MSWebb
I'm Here A Lot

This is happening on a bring your device plan. I did not take an offered tablet. I was offered a plan for my existing device (no contract, etc). Rogers messed up the settings on the account and failed to cancel to another account that I had and was no longer using and now these charges. 

Rogers - fix your backend

Bob8888
I Plan to Stick Around

Check out page 35 of the CCTS Annotated Guide to the Wireless Code, specifically "E.4 Unsolicited wireless services"
       (i) A service provider must not charge for any device or service that the customer has not expressly purchased.

It may be worth filing a complaint to CCTS regarding the ongoing Bango/Rogers 3rd party billing problem.  If enough customers complain, maybe some action will be undertaken.  I've done it, however the resolution didn't result in any action being taken against Rogers.  Remember that there's power in numbers........the more that people complain, the better the chance that something will actually be done. 

Thompson123
I've Been Here Awhile

A complaint to CCTS does seem to be the best way to deal with this problem. I also sent a complaint and it was accepted. Rogers contacted me from the office of the president however I had received a refund from Bango in the process of it so I ended up voicing my opinion and ultimately dropping the complaint since what I asked for was a refund and that was resolved albeit not with any help from Rogers. They still show no interest in looking into this reoccurring issue which is troubling, but with the “free” tablet they offered it makes it harder to switch providers since “free” means you would have to buy out the contract of that tablet ($160 in my case) to leave.
I’ve never seen any company turn a blind eye to a glaring issue that is affecting so many.
Xdj
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks, Bob8888 for that information!

True, power in numbers!

X

MSWebb
I'm Here A Lot

How long did you wait before filing a complaint through the CCTS process. I can't file one yet as I have just started this process.
Frankchen
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks Bob8888, Where to filling a complaint to CCTS.?