Bango.com/Google charges on my Rogers Bill

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob8888
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Bango.com/Google charges on my Rogers Bill

Received a call from Rogers after they'd been contacted by CCTS.  CCTS had told me that this appeared to a breach of privacy.  Rogers was ready to refund the mystery charge, however I told them that Bango had already done so.  My account was also closed off to any third party charges and billings.  

The one thing that stands out is that there has been no explanation of why and how the extra $60 charge appeared on my statement.  I'd take this further along, but am not sure in what direction to take.  Could possibly be too many legal issues to look into and I do not have the expertise to carry on.  

Xdj
I Plan to Stick Around

Bob8888,
Thank you for your update!
It's amazing how no one knows how this is happening and yet, it continues without Rogers implementing some sort of block on all accounts for third-party charges.
Obviously, there is something wrong with this system that is allowing charges without a paper trail and Rogers needs to step up and stop it!!!

X
DP14
I'm Here A Lot

Well I guess I was a little to optimistic that Rogers would actually do what they said they would do. Unfortunately, since my fraudulent Bango charges started in late July 2020 I have been charged over $150 including two late penalties and I have been credited only -$3.71. Not sure why Roger's isn't helping us.

DP14
I'm Here A Lot

I received a voice mail from Rogers today in regards to my last billing inquiry on why I haven't been credited for the fraudulent Bango charges as they agreed upon, the message advised that my account has been credited in full, I checked and confirmed that I have been credited in full. This took less than 48 hours.

mgri22
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi there,
I noticed I have been receiving 50 dollars worth of third party charges each month through bango. I have been in contact with bango's useless email support and have not received any response. Google support shows no active monthly subscriptions on my account.

I have had to open a seccond fraud case for the Third party charges because the first case got closed and the department noted on the file that the tried to contact me but failed to reach me.( they didnt) Also my voicemail works and they didn't leave me a message. The seccond case is still open for roughly 20-25 days with no contact yet.

As of yesterday on a separate line on my account someone tried to purchase a new phone on it. The agent assured me that it is being held/blocked but they couldn't do anything since a line is under a fraud case but they would open a second fraud case for this issue.

I'm getting fed up and just want a response from this magical fraud department that has no contact information and no way to contact them when you call in and talk to a regular agent.

mgri22
I've Been Here Awhile

Also I should add that the agents can't remove these third party charges as I have a open fraud case and I'm stuck paying these T.P.C. until they resolve the case.

RogersJo

Hey @mgri22

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂 I hope you're staying safe and sound. That is certainly not the type of experience I want you to be having and I'm sorry to hear what transpired. I see that you've reached out to us via PM. We'll be happy to continue the conversation there. 

Regards, 

RogersJo

Sutharsha
I'm Here A Lot

Hi I did not download any thing but bango charged my phone bill
Sutharsha
I'm Here A Lot

How I live chat person
RogersLaura

Hey @Sutharsha,

Thanks for your post! Receiving unexpected billing charges can certainly be a shock for anyone. 🙁

When it comes to third party charges, you can view the details of the billed transaction(s) directly on your invoice under the “Details of third party charges” section of your bill. Have you had a chance to contact the email address or call the telephone number that appears on your invoice to further inquire and dispute the charges? Contacting them will be the fastest way to resolve this issue. You should receive a reply within 24-48 hours and I would recommend that you keep an eye on your spam folder, just in case.

Kind regards,

RogersLaura