BEWARE: Rogers' Data Scam

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: BEWARE: Rogers' Data Scam

UPDATE : I later deduced that it was voice over LTE that was using the data and not data leakage. Volte is not supposed to consume data, but it definitely did.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Was this a billing issue?

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I believe u 100%! This has been an issue for me and my husband since we have family share data. We are always calling rogers to fix the over charges. We were in a 4gb upgrade to 6gb. But since we upgraded we are being charged for over data when we are just using phone the same routine as before. This is the reason why I am here on this community forums to check if there are same customers experiencing the same. Guess what... we’re not alone..
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I had the exact same issue, contacted live chat customer service and asked about the charge, being told that the charge is the charge and cut me off the chat without let me finish asking questions (customer service rep name Regina), even though i maintained professional standard and waiting long time for her to reply. I was charged $227 overage for a single day use of data, on top of the other overage charges, while i was actually at work that didn't even touched my phone much. I was with rogers for about 20 years, they have become more and more inconsiderate about their customers. I never had my conversation prompted ended by a service agent without providing a answer, just a little shock and probably will stay away from rogers for the future. 

Highlighted

Hello, @StPetex.

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. We most certainly value and appreciate your loyalty. The recent customer service experience you have experienced is not acceptable. Sometimes the live chat session can drop due to various reasons like the calls. However, we would like to investigate and address it appropriately. 

Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so we can check the data overage and also investigate dropping of your live chat session. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Have to chime in as well.
March 5 (11 days into my billing cycle), I recieved a data alert. My limit alert is set at 4 gigs. I currently have 2 phones with a combined data 6 gigs. I barely hit 3 gigs but I was at 4.06 two months ago. Just to Note: all background data is off on my phone and of course there was no more than normal usage. Anyway, I yelled at my kid, and called Roger's. I got the same blame shifting speal everyone else got but I received a bonus of 3 gigs for 3 months. That was fine, you shut me up.
So today, March 12,(7days later) I check my usage and I am now sitting at 8 ish gigs of usage. Super weird because my child data has been off since the 5 th. Lol. Again I called, again I'm blamed and now I'm done. I told the rep I will not pay any data overage fees. I will be ending my 2 contracts. And to think I actually almost gave you more business last moth. Smh.
Highlighted

Good evening @UserLisa,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for your post! We most definitely want to help you clear up this situation.

Rogers lets you stay in control of your family’s data with your MyRogers account. Setting a Data Manager lets you get the most out of your shared plan, so you can set notifications so that when a family member’s line reaches its data limit, both of you get a text message. Keep in mind that being notified that a data cap was reached does not necessarely mean there were additional fees generated for the usage made on your account.

We do value your business and appreciate you as a loyal customer. Were there charges on your most recent invoice? If you want us to review your data usage and see if we could accommodate you further, please send us a private message @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

We're hoping to help you reach a resolution because we'd be sad to see you change service provider!

RogersMaude

Highlighted
I've Been Around

It also happened to me. I was running low on data cause when we move in into a new place, our tv/internet provider promise us that the place will be ready but unfortunately this never happen. We waited for 6 days before they have our internet/tv started working, thus, we were using our mobile data for those days. So I have to top up. Funny thing is when a text message came in from Rogers regarding data overage charges, the message only shows until "Reply "C" to add 3GB for 30/month, then Reply "D".. never realizing the unshown message says "to temove this add-on...  I communicated with their support team and they can not help at all.

Now Im thinking of switching mobile provider after 9 years of being with Rogers

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Seriously?? Thanks for not reading my post correctly and choosing the wrong generic response.
I know the data cap notification doesn't necessarily mean overage charges. This isn't my first phone plan.
I got the data notification cap days into my new cycle. DAYS.
There was a glitch on your end but you still chose to blame me for the high usage when I know it wasn't me.
Even after data was shut off on both phones, the data usage still proceeded to climb--exponentially even. Called back. Still my fault and I would still be charged overages if they occurred.
I'm counting down the days.
At the sake of sounding like a Karen, you guys forget who actually pays you.

Highlighted

Hello, @Larry7828 & @UserLisa

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Unexpected data overage charges on your bill can become quite frustrating to deal with. 😞

We definitely want to look into this for both of you. We'd hate to lose you as a customer over an issue that could be resolved. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

RogersTony