Available 24 hours?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Available 24 hours?

Does Rogers know what available 24hour means? I just spent 10 minutes of telephone purgatory going through ads and menus to be told to call back when you are open. Not good customer service, if you need someone to reprogram you call routing I could give you the name of a good contractor.
I will phone back in the morning and resetting my PVR once a week is not a technical solution.

If I do not get a reasonable solution I guess it is time to try Fibe.

Am I the only one feeling the pain?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Available 24 hours?

whats your actual issue/problem?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Boyd6459

Sadly Rogers nor Bell offer 24 hour tech support. The only 24 hour service they offer is if a something really serious has happened. Call centers do close you know. There is barely any company now that is 24 hours call centers.

What is the problem tho? We may be able to help u.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I've called Rogers at all hours of the night before, and have always been able to get through to someone.  Obviously they transfer their lines to different provinces to accomodate (I will sometimes get a rep who starts asking me about my "Motorola" digital boxes, which I have to tell them that I'm in Ontario and don't use Motorola).... but honestly have never had a problem getting through.

Could be that you pressed the wrong combination of buttons, which actually took you to a closed dept?  Its like an encrypted key code, you have to know the right combination otherwise it gets REjected!  lol....

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Actually to answer Meowmix, that is not true, I dont know about Rogers, but Bell fibe tv is open 24 hours for technical support, not the customer service part, but tech support is 24 hours. I also believe when I had Rogers back god knows when their Tech support used to be open 24 hours, unless they changed that, It is the customer service department for billing and so forth that closes.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have called rogers after midnight ONCE.. and got through to tech.. so i think their tech is open.. obviously very limited.. very few people likely working, etc.

Though havent called in that time frame in ages.. normaly latest i call is around 10 and still get through to tech... couldnt say for Billing, mostly call them durring the day.

I've Been Around

It is NOT a 24/7 support.

I have called Rogers Support from yesterday night until tonight (Dec 25th), nobady was available and all got a technicial issue. I fully understand people need to gather with family during the hoilday, but if the support team takes a day off, Please don't tell us it's 24/7 support.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @hj9988

Its Christmas.. Of course it won't be 24hrs service that day. No one said it would be 24/7 if u read the above posts. One user was talking about Bell and not Rogers.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Communications support falls into the same category as Police and EMS, no shutdown for nights or holidays. Besides, in this day and age of downplaying religious affiliation, there ought to be plenty of people willing to work, especially if they get paid extra. But I guess the issue of overtime pay is where Rogers would cut support to the bare minimum.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

Technical support is available 24/7, even on Christmas. The normal customer service groups closed 9pm eastern on Christmas Eve. They'll also be closing 9pm on New Years Eve and be closed on News Years Day.

Coming on PPV!
Real Madrid vs. Atlético (Athletic) Bilbao Live
LIVE: Saturday April 21, 2019 10AM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499 | 391 (beIN English) 392 (beIN Spanish)
Price: $5.99 (HD) | $5.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $5.99 | (beIN subscription $14.99/mo.)
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Real Madrid faces Athletic Bilbao in a regular la liga league soccer match. Subscribe to beIN Sports for $14.99/mo. to get the game and more La Liga and international Sporting events.

Crawford vs. Khan Live
LIVE: Saturday April 20, 2019 9PM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $79.99 (HD) | $74.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $79.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Undefeated virtuoso Terence "Bud" Crawford (34-0, 25 KOs) will defend his welterweight world title against British boxing royalty Amir "King" Khan (33-4, 20 KOs) in a collision of superstars.

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 in conversation