Automatic Withdrawal

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Automatic Withdrawal

I signed up for Automatic Withdrawal on September 12th 2018. Bill was due on September 27th, but the money didnt come out of my account. I've called Rogers twice now, last week they said it can take a few days for the payment to be processed, to check again this week. I just called again today (Oct 3rd) and the payment is still not there. I finally was transferred to someone who deals with automatic withdrawals and he informed me that automatic withdrawals get taken out of the account TWO WEEKS AFTER the due date (meaning if my bill says due Sept 27th, the withdrawal will come out of my account on Oct 18). I said this seems absurd, wouldnt I get charged a late fee but he assured me I wouldnt... Has anyone else ever dealt with this situation? Is this indeed the case??

*** Edited Labels ***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Automatic Withdrawal

@JF9 wrote:

...he informed me that automatic withdrawals get taken out of the account TWO WEEKS AFTER the due date (meaning if my bill says due Sept 27th, the withdrawal will come out of my account on Oct 18). I said this seems absurd, wouldnt I get charged a late fee but he assured me I wouldnt... Has anyone else ever dealt with this situation? Is this indeed the case??

It is indeed the case, however, what you should be looking at is the billing date and if that's Sept 27th then your withdrawal will occur on Oct 11 since that would be 2 weeks.  Oct 18 would be 3 weeks.

For example, my statement comes out at the end of the month and my auto-WD takes place on the 14th.  If you look at page 1 of your bill, at the top left it will state when the auto-WD will take place. You may need to wait for your next bill for this to be present on page 1, or it may already be present on your Sept 27th bill.

Welcome to the Community @JF9,

For a forgetful person like me, pre-authorized payments are a life saver! I just wanted to clarify something for you. With setting up an automatic withdrawal always be advised that it may take up to 1 full billing cycle for your first pre-authorized payment withdrawal. If you happen to have a balance on your account or a due date coming up, it's best to make a one-time payment to avoid late payment fees.

Hope this helps Robot Happy!

RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks Zia,

I set the authorized pre-payment on Sept 12th, and payment was due on Sept 29th.. I DIDNT have an outstanding balance at that point, however I do now (as its October 3rd). Are you suggesting I make a payment to cover the Sept 29th bill?? If so, how do I know that rogers wont take the paymet out again on Oct 11th?

I'm a Senior Advisor

@JF9and @RogersZia

I think the best way to resolve what needs to be done in the case of your account is to contact @CommunityHelps directly.  You can click on the link that flows from the tag I just created and send a Private Message (sorry, I don't know how to explain how to use the messaging system, with age my ability to make step by step descriptions of how to do that is beyond me - I am sure that someone can pop in and provide more direction on how to use it).

You can then have them review your account as it sits and guide you on the most appropriate steps for your unique situation at this point in time.

Just a suggestion.  You can also use the other contact methods like phoning in, or live chat to billing.

Good luck on it. 

Bruce

@JF9, that's a fair concern. If there is no balance owing, your account will not be debited.

RogersZia

I've Been Around

Rogers account balance

If I put my credit card as auto-payment on MyRogers will it charge my account balance (which is currently more than a regular month's bill) or will it charge the credit card?

Hi @Mbramr,

A warm welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and congrats on your first post! 😊

Being aware of how the payment process works is super important! I'm not sure I fully understand your question, but I'll do my best to explain how it works!

If you are setting up pre-authorized withdrawals on your account through your MyRogers profile online, then all future balances on future invoices  will be automatically billed to your credit card (including any additional usage or overage charges). The system will not know to collect payment for an existing balance and will wait until the next invoice is processed before the automatic withdrawals kick in. If your total balance includes your current balance and a past due balance, we will charge the TOTAL balance to your credit card.

PLEASE NOTE: If there was an outstanding balance sitting on your account before you set up your pre-authorized payments, I would recommend making a one-time manual payment for that balance to ensure it is paid on time and to avoid any late charges when your next invoice arrives.

I hope this answers your question! 😏

RogersLaura