Anonymous call rejection with Rogers Wireless

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Anonymous call rejection with Rogers Wireless

How do I activate anonymous call rejection with Rogers Wireless? I have searched Rogers wireless website and google and I can not find it!!!

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Re: Anonymous call rejection with Rogers Wireless

Hi 

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersArthur wrote:

Hi 

I realize that but I was told that rogers one number doesn't work with wi-fi calling service activated so that wont work for me. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Is there any update on activating anonymous caller rejection? Other cell phone providers use *77 to activate anonymous caller rejection. Rogers is the only one I have had that does not offer that feature of privacy and protection!

I'm Here A Lot

Rogers One Number is no longer available for new sign-ups. Any other options for wireless customers?

Hi @Nezgar and @LitlLdy,

We currently do not support Anonymous Caller Rejection on our wireless service. We will update the Community if we announce any new Add-ons. The *77 option you mentioned is supported on our Rogers Home Phone service. 

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

RogersZia

I Plan to Stick Around

@LitlLdy wrote:

How do I activate anonymous call rejection with Rogers Wireless? I have searched Rogers wireless website and google and I can not find it!!!

Is this feature still not available?

I'm Here A Lot

As they already confirmed with their last answer, still not available with wireless service, only wired home phone service.

I Plan to Stick Around

That was over 1 year ago (04-01-2016 06:41 AM) when I asked about it and when Rogers One Number was still available. It could have changed within that time. I will not know if I do not ask. 

@Nezgar wrote:

As they already confirmed with their last answer, still not available with wireless service, only wired home phone service.

Good evening @LitlLdy,

Since January 31st, 2017, Rogers One Number is no longer available. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

At this time, we do not offer call managing features, as they are most likely to be available built-in your device.

Here are a few options you can look into:

If you’re using an iPhone:

Simply go to your list of recent calls (open the Phone app, then hit the Recents tab at the bottom).

Find a call from “Unknown”. Then, click the 'i' symbol next to the unwanted number, scroll down and tap Block this Caller, then confirm your decision.

You won't be bothered with any calls from that number.

You can block all numbers that are not in your contact list by doing this:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Open "Do Not Disturb"
  3. Slide on "Manual"
  4. Tap on "Allow Calls From"
  5. Select "All Contacts"

If you’re using an Android device:

Open the Phone app, and tap More > Call Settings > Call Rejection:

1. Next, tap “Auto reject list”.
  2. Now, toggle the Unknown option "On".

FYI: If your Android smartphone does not include an option to block unknown numbers, you can also download and install third party call blocking apps.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude