Amazing early cancel fee

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
royalblend
I've Been Here Awhile

Amazing early cancel fee

I used small business internet service in NB from feb,2018.(85$/monthly)
I moved in burlington ,ON 10days ago from NB.
I have a friend who wants to transfer internet service in NB but my consultant recommand to me moving to toronto with my internet and phone modem.
So I accepted her advise.
But she said to me my address is not available service area by rogers when I request install to rogers in burlington and then she explain to me early cancel fee phone320$ + internet 510$ For remain 1years.
Is that real your service for small business?

***EDITED LABELS***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
robindp
I'm an Advisor

Re: Amazing early cancel fee

Hello @royalblend,

Have you tried reaching out to the Rogers Small Business group at 1-855-427-2329 (sales) or 1-866-727-2141?

This sounds like something they could assist with, especially if they want your continued business.  I am sure that you can work something out!

EDIT: Could @CommunityHelps assist? (have you sent a Private Message to them?).

View solution in original post

All Replies
robindp
I'm an Advisor

Hello @royalblend,

Have you tried reaching out to the Rogers Small Business group at 1-855-427-2329 (sales) or 1-866-727-2141?

This sounds like something they could assist with, especially if they want your continued business.  I am sure that you can work something out!

EDIT: Could @CommunityHelps assist? (have you sent a Private Message to them?).

View solution in original post

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The issue here is that Rogers Cable (Internet) may not be available in the new location. I believe Burlington is served by Cogeco.  There may not be a way to have Rogers (Internet) in Burlington, hence the need to cancel service.

I'm not sure if Rogers has any other route to offer Internet in Burlington (via Cell for example), but that may be expensive...  Best to give Rogers a call.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

what's funny is that the contracts and penalty fee for cancelling business accounts was probably given to you when you signed up in the form of a Terms of Service.  Now being given the TOS is one thing and actually going thru it and reading up on it or asking the sales reps at the time of activation about any contracts, and penalties if you cancel is another thing. and how much more is the package if you go no term aka month to month.  These are questions that every small business owner should ask at the time of signing up for service so they do not get "shocked" when they cancel.

robindp
I'm an Advisor

Hello @57,

Last I checked, Rogers *consumer* internet is available in Burlington.  This means that business internet may also be available, which is why I suggested royalblend check in with the Rogers SMB group.  Can't hurt to check in!