cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional channels in retirement home

Solly
I've been here awhile

If Basic channels are included in my retirement home, how do I add additional channels such as a Sports package?

*Added Labels*

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Additional channels in retirement home

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Most retirement homes are handled like a business and you need to contact the person in charge at your retirement home.  They may then give you the number of the appropriate person at Rogers to contact, or they may handle the issue for you and bill your "room".  

Solly
I've been here awhile

No luck. They said I had to arrange it myself. I'll have to pop into a Rogers location I guess.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm not sure you were talking to the right person at the home.  Usually the regular Rogers reps cannot do anything with regard to such service because it's specialized and a different part of the company. Good luck.

When contacting Rogers, make it clear that you are dealing with a retirement home and not regular home service and they may be able to transfer you to the appropriate people who deal with such things.  I know a bit about what I'm talking about because I had to do this for my father a few years ago.

Solly
I've been here awhile

So, how did that work out? Does Rogers just charge for the extra channels and box, or is it a whole new account?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

In his case they just charged the difference. It was only a few dollars, but he owned his own box.  This was with legacy digital cable, not IgniteTV.  He previously had his own account at his condo.  If you wish to purchase a (digital) box, they are almost being given away on Kijiji, etc, but be aware of the following purchasing tips:

https://www.digitalhome.ca/threads/guidelines-for-selling-and-buying-a-used-rogers-terminal-in-ontar...

In some cases it may not be possible due to the way the channels are delivered to the TV.  Again, something you'll need to check with the retirement home and Rogers.  With IgniteTV being rolled out to all new customers, if he/she didn't have their own digital TV account, this could also throw a monkey wrench into this option.  The only way to know for sure is to discuss with the Retirement home and the appropriate representative at Rogers.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I know it can be done.  Before she died of Covid, my Grandmother was living in a retirement home. She was not able bodied so my family set up her Television services for her at the Retirement home. She was using Rogers and was getting the basic package, but we also included the Multicultural channel for her in her package.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation