Activating a new account...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Activating a new account...

I want to open up a new account for an iPhone on my own and I would like to know what are the requirements. I'm 18, university student, and I have a part time job. I currently have a blackberry bold 9900 with my mom's account. We're planning to pass my blackberry to my younger sister since I just got it a couple months ago. I decided to buy an iPhone since I was planning to purchase a new iPod since my iPod touch was stolen at work. So I might as well make my phone into an iPod as well, this buying an iPhone. I would like information on what time of requirements I would need to open up an account on my own (if possible). 

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Activating a new account...

You will need 2 proper government photo ID's. If you do not have a drivers license or a passport let them know and show then other photo ID'S you have but most places will want 2 government issued photo identification. You health card will not work as a government issued photo identification card. As for the age, i have been told over 16 and over 18. You are 18 so you are okay with that. Your credit must be in good condition or else you might need to put some money down as a deposit in which you will get back later. When openening a line and everythibg is good, yoy will need to pay for the device right there and then. Also make sure you read the contract before signing it.

I'm Here A Lot

I don't have a credit card but I do have a debit card which my job deposits money into it. Can I use that a line of credit?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Credit is when you have a credut card or something with credit. No the debit card will not work.

I'm Here A Lot

mmm okay.. what about getting a guarantor to sign for me. will that work?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

They will need to run a credit check on them and if they are good, then the line is on their name, not urs.

I Plan to Stick Around

If you go to a Rogers store, you do not need a credit card.  I got my phone when I was 18 and didn't have one.  I used my photo ID (health card, sin card and birth certificate) and had to pay a deposit of 50.00, which you will recieve back as a credit on your account as long as you pay your bills in full and on time for one year.

Go to a Rogers store, you'll be able to get your account then!

I've Been Around

Opening a new mobile phone account.

I'm currently a rogers customer for internet, tv and home phone and I've been wanting to upgrade to a new phone. I've been seeing a lot of deals and was wondering if I need good credit to open an account for a mobile phone..?

Greetings @Britmurr3434!

A huge welcome to the Community and congratulations on your first post!

It's always a great idea to ask questions before signing up for a new product or service as this helps you avoid any unexpected surprises! In regards to your concern, please see the accepted solution provided by Meowmix above. You can also click HERE to go straight to their post. I hope this helps! 😁

RogersLaura