Account been hacked and information got changed by unknown user

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Account been hacked and information got changed by unknown user

Hi 

My regular account that have been using for more than five year recently got hacked and all personal information have been changed by unknown user. I'm unable to access my account/ to locate my password/ process idenfication process oncall or online chat. Store refused to help me.

So far both call agents, online chat agents and in-store agents have all refused to help me solve this. I'm really upset and thinking of contacting people in authority for this issue and cancel all my services here. I currently have serveral services attached. This is the worst experience I ever have and I really need help and guidance on solving this problem caused by Rogers. 

***Edited Labels***

Re: Account been hacked and information got changed by unknown user

Hi @lollean,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post.

This is definitely a serious concern and we'd like to help you in getting this rectified. Addressing this issue requires access to your account. Since Community is a public place, we ask that you contact us via PM @CommunityHelps next time you're online.

To learn more about our Private Messaging system, you can visit here.

Hope to hear from you soon.

RogersZia

I'm an Advisor

EDIT: RogersZia responded while I wrote the below. Please work with her and the team, I truly hope things work out for you. Good luck. 

-----

Hello @lollean,

Wow, I am sorry to hear this.  I have not heard of something like this happening before, so I don't know what the normal protocols are.

I recommend you grab photo ID (drivers license) and go to your nearest Rogers Plus store - tell them what is happening. If possible, bring a copy of an old bill with the correct information (or a print out of an old bill) with you. If you have a Rogers wireless device, bring this with you too. 

@CommunityHelps, is there anything can be done / any recommendations?

I've Been Here Awhile

I went to the store, they said there is nothing they can do there 🙂

@robindp wrote:

EDIT: RogersZia responded while I wrote the below. Please work with her and the team, I truly hope things work out for you. Good luck. 

-----

Hello @lollean,

Wow, I am sorry to hear this.  I have not heard of something like this happening before, so I don't know what the normal protocols are.

I recommend you grab photo ID (drivers license) and go to your nearest Rogers Plus store - tell them what is happening. If possible, bring a copy of an old bill with the correct information (or a print out of an old bill) with you. If you have a Rogers wireless device, bring this with you too. 

@CommunityHelps, is there anything can be done / any recommendations?

I'm an Advisor

Got ya - have you been able to contact CommunityHelps via PM?

I'm a Senior Advisor

This would seem like Catch-22 situation. If the OP's account has been hacked, then their account information that Rogers has will have been altered. Rogers will also not be able to tell if this user is even the same person, or somebody else trying to hijack the account. The only way this can really be rectified would be for the customer to visit a Rogers store with suitable ID documentation. I'm shocked that a Rogers store would not accommodate this, unless this customer can't provide any ID.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

We went store three times all refused to help. They said I need to call, When I called they said I have to go to store. Nothing but pushing things around
I've Been Around

To whom this may concern,

My Rogers account was suddenly changed in several ways 2 weeks ago with add-ons and device upgrades. I then concluded that my account was hacked. Called into Rogers to find out that they will open a case with the Fraud team if I call them. 

I called the fraud team and they operate as voicemail only and claim to respond by end of business day. I since have left voicemails everyday with only one call back that I missed. He mentioned that there was fraud on the account so he changed the phone plan back to the original and then reset the pin on my account. 

I still have not been able to speak to anyone on the Fraud team live and everyone else I speak to at Rogers (customer service via phone/chat/in store... yes i tried all 3), have told me I can only call the Fraud team. 

This is extremely frustrating and scary given that my account has been compromised and I have not been given any assurance that my account info/state will be returned to good terms.  

How do I proceed? I have left multiple voicemails. 

Greetings and welcome to our Community, @ckostkaa!

I know that identity theft and fraud are both frightening and unwelcome experiences. Please rest assured that we take these incidents seriously and we have rigorous processes in place to handle them as they arise. Please allow us to look into this for you and find out when they intend on calling you back. 

Please PM us @CommunityHelps. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey