Account Flagged for Calling in too Many Times

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Account Flagged for Calling in too Many Times

Has anybody heard of this girl named, Anette Chand? She called me a couple weeks ago saying my account has been flagged/flashed for calling in too many times? Over 100 calls within a year. She says if I call three more times into the Rogers front line I’m removed from Rogers and the network.

*** Edited Labels ***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Account Flagged for Calling in too Many Times

Hello @CalvinTynes90

That name has never been brought up.

Also by law Rogers nor any company can NOT remove you from their networks and cut u off for calling in 100 times a year. By law they have to answer all your calls and figure out what's going on. If things get worse a Office of the President gets involved at thag point.

I would contacted Rogers and speak to a manager. Have them check it out and see what's happening. I'm pretty sure it's a fake / scam call going around as i noticed a similar message from someone with Bell claiming a manager called them saying if they call back to Bell call center they will terminate the contract. They can't do that truthfully and need a bigger reason.

Maybe a MOD can shine more information on here as well.

Hello @CalvinTynes90,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can imagine how concerning it must be to get this type of phone call. We'll be more than happy to look into this for you to see if it is legitimate.

Please send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps so we can pull up your file and see what is going on. If you are not familiar with our Private Messaging system please check out our Blog.

RogersTony

I'm Here A Lot

Ok. I was super skeptical when I got this call on a Saturday. She said if I call three times I’m booted off. How would I get in contact with a manager?
I've Been Around

Lol, apparently you don't. If they actually cared, someone would have replied by now 🙂

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Actually, someone did reply.

The user was asked to PM the @CommunityHelps, so that they would be able to pass on their personal information to be able to look up the users account information.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Sorry for bumping up an old thread BUT Annette Chand DOES ring a bell. She is an OOTP rep. It is not a scam. About a year ago Rogers created an internal group of OOTP reps to deal with what they call "financially inefficient" accounts or accounts that do not make money for the company. Basically it's a way for rogers to rid and/or control accounts of smart intelligent customers who know how to work credits, negotiate good deals, etc. which results in rogers getting the slimmer margins versus customers who dont know how to play rogers game and pay high margin overpriced monthly charges. They do this by threatening customers that they are "dialing " too much which reduces their margin further. Each call allegedly costs rogers $9 a call. So if one makes 100 calls a year as in the OP's case and say he pays rogers $150/mo... that's works out to $1800 revenue and $900 ($9x100 calls) cost equals $900 net or rogers loses 50% profit. Therefore this group within OOTP threatens, condescends, belittles, etc these customers into not doing anything with the front lines or forces them to leave rogers as a whole. I know couple of customers who have this Chand person monitoring their accounts. Their story is no different than yours. Threats about making too many calls, rogers losing money, etc, etc. The thing is when asked about the call logs they refuse to hand them over. For all anyone knows these numbers could be made up to threaten customers. If she said you made 100 calls and you feel you didnt... they wont provide proof you did! It's like you need a subpeona or something. The bottom line, if a call center costs $9 per call that is waaaay high and it's rogers responsibility to do something about it - not rag on consumers!! Here's a clue  - OUTSOURCING for one. No one should be penalized for calling re: legit reasons. If someone is harassing employees, making threats to staff, fraud, etc that's one thing. But to action against the consumer for making calls re: deals, promo's, account errors, billing, gen. inquiries, product info, tech support, etc. is pathetic. I've never heard of ANY company that does this re: customer service calls. Consumer reports/consumer advocates/CBC Marketplace should be notified. Robhellus cartel has been on there quite a few times I hear. Smiley Surprised

I've Been Around

Kenny Barker is kicking me off the network he said he is giving me a month to port out my numbers
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Philly_101

They legally aren't allowed to " kick you off of the network " for calling Rogers many times.. They just flag your account and that warns the reps to watch out for a pattern of the same calls.

I would contact the Office of the President and report the rep and have them open a internal investigation on why the rep / manager treated you this way. I am sure they wouldn't want a customer going online and reporting this to the media / CRTC or BBB. I would also speak to them about how you feel and how this tainted the relationship between you and them

This is why sometimes the reps need to be trained a bit more clear and not treat customers like they are nothing like a money bag.