60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: 60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

No, I tried all of that, I need a Rogers rep to reply to my question please

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Polskadz

Bell is also having major issues in stores trying to add this plan. Reading online some are infact being turned down at the Bell stores due to the system not allowing them OR the wait times to add it is big.

I agree Rogers should have let us go to the store, however the store reps would have huge line ups just for this and people returning or exchanging or even asking general questions would have to suffer and wait. Also the system would do a total fail like it happens with iPhone launches and would take a day or two to go back to normal.

So in all i see both sides of this.

Just a side not, i got disconnected from Telus chat once again. Third time and there is another 304 people waiting. So its not just Rogers having issues. Its everyone. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix
That's not true at all. My friend just went to the mall in Hamilton and had her existing Bell plan changed over and her husband's. She said there was no line up and no issues whatsoever. Perhaps in stores that usually have lineups eg downtown Toronto you'll run into this issue but go somewhere else in GTA and it doesn't appear to be a problem. So seeing as I'm north of Toronto and could easily drive to Newmarket, Uxbridge, Keswick Rogers which I doubt are ridiculously busy, why not offer the option?
I've Been Around

I've been calling since this morning and it just rings out. No option to hold for a rep. Is today truly the last day? Any hope for an extension? Thanks
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Polskadz

Agreed however Not everyone has a car or time to drive around to a store to change a plan on a Monday which most work. Many will call in and put the call on speaker or bluetooth while working and whatever else they are doing.

The memo which was sent to stores said that the plan is not available in store and only over the phone or live chat. Live chat is down and only calling in. The stores do not want to deal with lines and everything else. Also Rogers stores are known to have long lines as is without a plan like this,.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Djay1126

Yes they extended the deal until tonight. The only way they can extended it again would be to extend it until tomorrow but that is up to head office.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi,

I completed the account change in store (who in turn used online help) but I only see 5GB - under plan details it shows ‘5GB Data’ and the plan shows ‘Talk & Text w/5GB - No Tab’.

It’s missing 5Gb if data. Help.

Jeff
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix But the phone doesn't work that's the problem! I've called twice. Been on hold twice. Once for 35 mins, once for 1 hour and 35 mins. Then the calls were dropped by Rogers. My friend didn't have to drive around, she lives in Hamilton. I work shift work so I'd be happy to go somewhere today as it's a day off, just like it was for her.
I've Been Around

I can't reach anyone in Rogers by phone, chat or text. Yesterday I waited 2 hrs before reaching someone & then lady transferred me back into the queue. The customer service is ridiculous. They should have know this would generate a huge overwhelming customer response. I might as well just cancel & go to Freedom.

I've Been Around

I've been trying to switch my plan all morning.  I was auto disconnected twice while holding (once at 1h15m and another at 2h45m).  I have a business account because of being in the military, but I was wanting to switch to the 60$/10gb plan.  Reps in the store told me this could only be done by Customer Service.  I can't do it from the website for some reason; it says I have a pending plan change that I'm unaware about.  

What can I do at this point?