60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: 60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

I had issues with my visual voicemail with my new 10gb for $60 plan on my new iPhone 8.

So I had the tech disable my voicemails included with the plan except for the visual voicemail.

I just want to know which voicemails were included with my plan so if at a later date I choose to get rid of my visual voicemail, I can downgrade to whatever was included originally, as he stated I can go back to it anytime.

Right now my plan looks like:

• Billed Usage-Invoice Details
  • Van./Vic. Rate Following
  • Call Forwarding/Call Transfer
  • Call Display
  • Name Display
  • Unltd Text/Pic/Video Messages
  • Unlimited Canadian LD
  • 10GB Data

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello, @hockeyboi

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. Congratulation on acquiring the awesome plan, it comes with Enhanced voicemail. You may want to check the discussion regarding the difference between Visual and Enhanced voicemail. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I'm a Frequent Visitor

$60 for 10GB deal - ripped off

Frankly, quite upset at the service from Rogers over this incident. Successfully called on the 19th of Dec and got a promise from the rep everything was taken care of and handled and plan was to be changed 48 hours. 

Was advised to call back in 48 hours if I received no email. I confirmed with her several times that if she was sure that I didn't need to change anything over for my number or other changes to my account. Advised everything was great and a Merry Christmas from Rogers. Several accounts with Rogers over the last 10 years and boy, I thought they were the best company. 

Fast forward a few days later, no emails. Called in, got dropped a few times. Went to the store, store confirmed notes on account and said they're probably just taking some time due to the amount of people with the plan to set up. Fast forward another few days, checked in with store and called again, once again - same story, its probably taking a while, but it'll be complete. I did my due diligence and checked in repeatedly.

Fully trusting this company I've been with for quite some time since Fido being bought out by Rogers. I went through the New Years, expecting the changes to be made - Until today finally got through to an agent. Lo and behold, "Dear valued customer, unfortunately although we see all the promises made on the notes for the account, we cannot make the changes because, you know, the plan got grandfathered." I'm sorry, but that is honestly the biggest load of... flowers I have ever heard. There are many ways for a back end system to place a previously grandfathered code onto an account. But instead of honoring the promises made to my account, he said there was nothing he could do other than looking into normal plans. Excuse me? 

Escalating to a supervisor did nothing as well, calmly told her how frustrated I was. Instead, she offered me a plan that was $50 more than my current one, for the exact same 10GB. Let that sink in, she offered a $105 for 10GB plan when the offer that was promised was $60. Are you kidding me? You guys not only dropped the ball, now you want me to fork over close to half of what I'm currently paying at $65. "Oh, in that case, we'll give you a temporary discount, but you know, after that period - the price goes back to $105." 

I really do not see how this cannot be added in - I've worked with two different major telecoms, there are systems in place to escalate these codes up, even if a code was removed, exceptions are sent up - albeit it may take some time. Any other company would honor what was promised and do their best to have this completed. I'm sorry Rogers, but you have sorely, sorely disappointed me on this one. I do not whatsoever, see how you can mess this one up this badly, and display such a blatant disregard for honoring what was promised.

-D

Good evening @Dsiu1,

Thank you for your post & Welcome to the Rogers Community!

I appreciate you took the time to share with us the details of the situation surrounding your price plan change.

I understand that you should not be penalized by the fact that our phone, chat and overall customer service channels were overwhelmed by the amount of requests we were getting.

Although the plan is expired at this time, we do value you as our customer and are more than willing to see if something more could be done to resolve this situation. However, that'll require access to your account.

Please send a private message @CommunityHelps, if you'd like to grant us access to your profile so we can verify how we can further assist you. 

If you're not familiar with how to send us a message, follow the instructions outlined in this Blog. 

Looking forward to your PM!

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

I feel very much the same way, that Rogers doesn't really want to help their customers. Even their special 'retention plans' are more money than other companies new customers plans, OR EVEN THEIR OWN new customer plans! How does that make sense?
I'm a Senior Advisor

And remember that once you complete your discussion with Community helps, if you are not satisfied, and my view is that is exactly what you were promised and is found in the notes, that you are very correct back end work can be done to enter codes, it just requires a request from a person to authority and the task is acutally a very easy task for the back end employees. I have had excellent resolution from the Backend.

So if unsatisfied, you still have Office of Presideent, or Ombudsman, although if you haven't done a share a concern via the contact, share a concern, you will need that, then if still unsatisifed with Office of President and Ombudsman, then you can proceed to CCTC.

I do find that I have have many experience where a front end CSR, or supervisor is saying it can't be done, when what they actually mean is that there is no whay they can do it as they don't have the authorities, and rather than directly advising you to use the esclation proces of the share a concern, or taking initiative to forward you directly them selves (I am not sure they have the authority to escalate it the, that it is clear in the policy that we are to do it)

They need to step up and create a creative solution to support you, and providing a clearly unacceptable offer is not creative, it is just working with what is on their screens.  They know that those above their supervisor have the ability to work with the back end and to create solutions.

This is supposed to be the philosophy of all staff to aggressively work with the customer solution to improve the end to end experience and to come up with a creative solution.

The most creative solution available to them is simple, acknowledge that it appears the concern is valid, but they are not in a position to provide the solution being seeked by the customer, so their advice is for them to have it passed to a manaager as part of the escalation proces, and to explain that proces for them, preferrably initatied by them, and if not, at least direct you through the share a concern options.

If you were forced to come here to discuss your issue in absence of a clear dirction, clearly you are having to create your own solutions, and it is a poor end to end experience, as clearly articulated by you.  I would make it clear to the next level that this does not relfect the experience that the corporation claims they want to achieve, they need to work on this still, and let's now review my situtation, what I have been through, and I would like you to be creative and improve my end to end experience, and to rectify the situtation back to what was promised.

Just a suggestion.  Far too often I have heard, this is the best I can do, or the best my supervisor can do, and no mention is made of esclation process and education of my rights as a customer to do so, nor how to do so. Nor do they explain that the limitation at this time is the limitation placed on them in their position and the available positions.

And we all know about back end solutions, they do too, but it is only people with higher authorities in the system, from my experience that can initiate that back end change - in some cases, it has been a phone support call by them to their back end stsff.

Good luck with resolving your issue, I sincerely hope it can get reslved to your satisifaction without too much work.

Bruce

I've Been Here Awhile

Come 2019, the promise of Lifelong.... over 24 months was broken .. hey.. its not even 14 months ... 

What made you guys promise LIFELONG ??? 

@RogersCorey wrote:

You're welcome! I'm certain others will have this exact same question so I'm here to make sure it's clear for everyone Smiley Happy

Regards,

RogersCorey

Resident Expert
Resident Expert