60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: 60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

After holding for 3 hours, being transferred and finally connecting to a CSR, my line dropped right as he was making the changes. Now I can't even call back in to confirm whether everything was changed correctly! And Live Chat and FB Messenger are both unresponsive. I don't understand why Rogers didn't staff properly for this promo - they must've anticipated a higher than normal volume of interested customers!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @weddingbox

Then call into Rogers, wait the time and speak to someone and get it changed.

If u aren't looking for this plan, the go through @CommunityHelps and see what they can do.
I'm Here A Lot

Hi,

I tried calling multiple times and couldn't get in.  One time I had been on hold for 3+ hrs and then the line got disconnected... on Rogers side.  

I think that's reason enough to move to another Carrier.  I realize this isn't Roger's fault.   They didn't plan for this so I hope they can do something about this.  

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @polythenepacket

Unfortunately they pulled all their staff to come into work the past 2 days which are the on vacation already. They can't call anyone that's on vacation status either. So yes they have everyone they can working. Unfortunately didn't know that. With hundreds calling into Rogers the wait times will be higher than expected. Many should understand that. Live Chat was taken down due to the amount of people waiting for more then 5-6hrs at a time and at that point of u lose connection on ur wireless phone, tablet or computer it would just exit.

If they were making change while the line dropped, they should have been able to finish before moving to the next customer.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kenmasters

To be honest switching to another carrier won't do much. They will have the same service as Rogers. Why don't u guys go look on the other carriers Facebook pages, reviews and seem hundres are having the same issue as u guys are now. So in the end they all have the same issue.

U can go to another carrier if u like however it won't do much. U will get what I want for a couple months or year then boom u will have similar issues.

Believe me i know
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks Meowmix.  I think switching isn't about getting "better service".   It's about reacting to a bad experience.  Maybe in another year I would switch again.  But I have the right to do so.  

If it matters, my friend at TELUS waited for 2hrs and got in.   Not much better, but compared to 3+ hrs and being disconnected is still a lot better.  3 hours of my time should be considered valuable. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kenmasters

I am with Telus and yes its a 2-3hr wait for them as well. Yesterday i waited for 4hrs to get to someone to check back on a phone i returned to them.

In the end they are all the same. To be honest no carrier is perfect. Howerever i think Rogers nor any carrier realized the huge impacted this plan had
I've Been Around

I can't even connect to a hold queue on the phone. Been trying since Saturday and it's always just straight up busy. The stores also said they "can't" do the changes and you have to call in...

At least if I walk into a bell store, they'll give me the time of day. I know the reply on here is more or less 'if you're not willing to wait, then you don't deserve the promo' but how many hours am I suppose to spend to even connect to the wait system?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Echidnadsn

Most likely they were told the stores won't do it just in case the systems crash and have a outage causing a huge headache.

The extended the plan until tonight so hopefully u get it!
I'm Here A Lot

I'd hope the changes were made, but my past experiences with Rogers have made me distrustful. I'm finally no longer getting a busy signal but there's a 2-3 hour wait. This is ridiculous.