60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

Hey Guys,

Can anyone please confirm the specifics of this promotional wireless plan?  I switched to it last night and I got through to a rep this morning after a lengthy wait but they were not able to confirm if the extra 5 gigs stays on after 2 years or not.  The website I read had screenshots confirming that the 10 gigs is now a perm feature and does not drop off after 2 years.  How can I tell that they added this to my account properly and after 2 years I won't go back to 5 gigs.

***EDITED LABELS***

Re: 60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

Hello @Leto85!

Thanks for asking! We advertise this offer as part of a plan that comes with 10GB because it combines the plan and this bonus data offer. We’re sending an SMS to inform customers that the offer no longer has a 24 month end date. Your account may still show that the 5GB bonus data expires after 24 months but this is not applicable. 

It is a permanent 10GB plan for so long as you do not change your plan.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I Plan to Stick Around

That's great!  Thanks so much for the quick reply.  

You're welcome! I'm certain others will have this exact same question so I'm here to make sure it's clear for everyone 🙂

Regards,

RogersCorey

I've Been Here Awhile

Hello, I've been trying to call for two days and I can't get a single form of contact to answer my call to get into this deal.  As a 10+ year Rogers customer I'm exceedingly upset and if I do not receieve an answer my 5 PM today I will walk to your competitor and get myself a new phone under their plan (which has the same offer).  Considering my 2 year contract is almost done I'm willing to pay on two phones than miss on this deal.  I hope this issue gets fixed shortly because I do not buy that every single form of communication has been "overwhelmed" and I find this behaviour or lack of service unacceptable.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Artroxy

This plan is still available until tonight. So just call in and stay in hold until u get someone. This is due to the overwhelming as u said on this plan so many are calling into Rogers or using live chat to contact them as well.
I've Been Here Awhile

Live chat has been disabled or is also “overloaded.” Id like to maintain being a Rogers customer so I will try as much as I can before 5 but my time is also money, and I know that if I walk into the competitors store I’ll get served immediately.
I'm Here A Lot

Hi Roger,

I managed to get through to Rogers after 3 Hrs and 11 Mins yesterday, and it was confirmed the 10GB is good to stay until i decide to leave Rogers however, this morning i received the confirmation of account changes and it says:

Talk & Text w/5GB - No Tab

Will they be changing this to 10GB as they said they are switching to the 10GB $60 Plan?  I have been on hold for 1.45hrs now trying to get through to a rep to make sure its 10GB and not 5GB. Smiley Mad

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Artroxy

Saying ur going to go to someone else won't make this faster to be honest with u. If u don't have the patience to wait on the phone to get the plan then u are more welcome to go.

I have seen many wait 5+ hrs on the phone to get this plan. So patience is the key here. Everyone will wait to speak to someone regardless which carrier you are with.

You only option is calling and doing it.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @carmoji

Yes it will be changed. Please remember that the extra 5 GB is a promotion so that will come automatically on the account we ach month. So it may not show as 10GB on the plan. It may show 5GB and then the extra 5GB will be added.

Just like when they give u a free 1GB each month.