60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: 60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

So, anyone else run into this?  Just changed the plans for 2 lines (mine and my wife's) to the current 10GB/$60 promo plan. On one, visual voicemail has remained.  For the other, we're now stuck with 'enhanced' voicemail - which is a step back to the 90's & having to dial in to get your messages.  The rep I spoke to on-line really couldn't explain why it would stay with one, but not with the other, when they were both going to the same new plan.  Anyone able to explain this?  My wife's a little annoyed now...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Lake158

Doubt they will extend it. It was supposed to end Sunday night but ending tonight. So they won't keep going with it. No carrier will.

To be honest it's been happening all weekend and yesterday and today. So nothing will change unless everyone stops calling at once and reps are able to start properly taking the calls.
I've Been Here Awhile

I have 4 lines on a share everything plan currently. 2 have device balances and two don’t.
If I were to take the 2 phones without balances to a new carrier...are there any charges? Are they part of the contract of the 2 phones with a balance?
Also, if I stayed with Rogers and switched them to the new 10 Gb plans would that be considered ‘changing your plan?’
Thanks a lot for any clarification!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @hardmn

1). No all you will do is port over the number and be charged the final bill you get once it's been printed out.

2). Make sure you have them change the plan on the date ur bill starts each month. If u change it before then u may incounter some charges from the previous plan and new one.
I've Been Around

Anyone know what it means when this plan says roam like home is included?  Does it mean no $5 charge when in the US?  Need to know ASAP

@Leto85 wrote:

Hey Guys,

Can anyone please confirm the specifics of this promotional wireless plan?  I switched to it last night and I got through to a rep this morning after a lengthy wait but they were not able to confirm if the extra 5 gigs stays on after 2 years or not.  The website I read had screenshots confirming that the 10 gigs is now a perm feature and does not drop off after 2 years.  How can I tell that they added this to my account properly and after 2 years I won't go back to 5 gigs.

***EDITED LABELS***

I've Been Here Awhile

I guess I will have to keep trying.

I've Been Around

I've been trying to get this offer all weekend trying here and there. I'm finally in the wait queue (for about an hour now) rather than getting a busy signal. 
Does anyone know how long customer service is open until tonight? 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Spikey

They are open until 12am EST. So u got 3hrs or so left.
I Plan to Stick Around

@marakbai wrote:

Anyone know what it means when this plan says roam like home is included?  Does it mean no $5 charge when in the US?  Need to know ASAP

@Leto85 wrote:

Hey Guys,

Can anyone please confirm the specifics of this promotional wireless plan?  I switched to it last night and I got through to a rep this morning after a lengthy wait but they were not able to confirm if the extra 5 gigs stays on after 2 years or not.  The website I read had screenshots confirming that the 10 gigs is now a perm feature and does not drop off after 2 years.  How can I tell that they added this to my account properly and after 2 years I won't go back to 5 gigs.

***EDITED LABELS***

I'm inclined to think it simply means the option to Roam Like Home is available on this plan.  It's not available on all plans like my former corp plan.  And I also believe it's now $6/day for US from $5.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @marakbai

Irs included in the plan however you still need to pay the $5-$6 a day for it. Some plans do not include the Roam Like Home option.