60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: 60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

Hello @Theo64

I believe they are using the 5GB data plan which is offered for $50 and the 5GB extra is a bonus. It says that online as well. so the Bonus will be added once the plan starts. the plna name will say 5GB but the extra 5GB is a data bonus.

Log into my Rogers - Account number - Data and see how many GD u see inlcluded the add on ones.

I'm Here A Lot

Meowmix NO, there should be NO reason why my plan has any mention of the number 5GB on MyRogers account. It is a 10GB plan, not 5+5.

If my plan states 5GB as a bonus anywhere, that means it can eventually be taken away by Rogers. I wasn't born yesterday, and need this concern rectified asap. I am very upset, as I have been trying to get into contact with someone from Rogers for over 48 hours now.

I'm Here A Lot

@RogersRoland I replied to your direct message to me, please see your inbox.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Theo4

I see where you are coming from as well. If you visit Rogers website you will see the below.

" Offer ends December 18, 2017 and is subject to change. Available to customers activating or upgrading to a no-term $60 5GB non-share plan with unlimited Canada-wide calling, unlimited messaging, Roam Like Home, caller ID, name display and enhanced voicemail. Available to new or existing customers who activate or upgrade to a non-share line on an eligible plan. Connection fee of $25/line applies to activate your services. Early cancellation fees apply."

" 5 GB DATA BONUS14

5GB+ 5GB Non-shared Plan
Choose one of the following plans
$60/mo.Unlimited Canada wide Calling2"

1. Offer ends December 18 and subject to change. Available to customers activating or upgrading to a No-term $60 5GB non-share plan, a Premium tab $85 5GB non-share plan or a Premium+ tab $110 5GB non-share plan with unlimited Canada-wide calling, messaging, Roam Like Home, caller ID, name display and enhanced voicemail. 5GB data bonus is applied immediately at time of activation. Available to new and existing customers who activate or upgrade to a non-share line on an eligible plan or existing customers who perform a hardware upgrade on an eligible plan. Connection fee of $25/line applies to activate your services. Early cancellation fees"

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/smartphone-plans#non-share-tile-container

I'm Here A Lot

I was trying all weekend at different times and was not able to get through. Since this morning I have been on hold a total of 4 hours waiting on 3 separate calls.  Have been disconnected 4 times and now when I call the line is not even answered.  After so many rings - it just hangs up!!  WHAT GIVES!!!  

The website is not working; chat is not either and now the phones??

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nikki2819

The system seems to be failing at this point. Even Telus is having issues like this from what i have been dealing with and hearing too.

This plan has crashed or is crashing most carriers systems with all the calls they are getting.
I've Been Around

I was on hold for 2 hrs before getting disconnected. To add salt in the wound, when I called back they said that the offices were closed.

What the heck is going on, Rogers?

I Plan to Stick Around

Not a good look for a phone service provider when their own phones aren't working, or they just turned them off to not deal with anyone.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Is there some way we can send an email letting you know that we want to take advantage of this -- when the system is back up and running??

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Whiplashes

The systems are either down or are starting to crash. They are thousands that are calling at once. No carrier systems are able to handle this let alone any company. So its starting to crash .