$60 10GB BYOD changing to $65 per month.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: $60 10GB BYOD changing to $65 per month.

@Ssd12 wrote:
I was also told this was a lifelong plan and would never change.

Who exactly told you this? the agent at the store or the agent over the phone who wanted to make commission from you?  chances are, reps have been known to say anything even stuff that goes against company policy to make a sale. This happens in ALL 4 wireless carriers in Canada and is not new.  I have had countless people lie to me not just from Rogers but other telco companies just to close a sale.  I have learned never to trust them 100% as they lie and just want to make a sale to make their commission.  I usually go to their official website and find the truth, cus the website is usually more accurate and up to date.

I'm Here A Lot

I also had a similiar conversation when we took advantage of the $60/10GB plan.

I've since complained and filed same to the CCTC.  I would recommend that other customers do the same.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I get it, you have the right to complain. Exercise your right, im all for that. But do not expect a company to bend over backwards and give you back your old rate. They are the ones who decided to increase the price plan after all. You think when they were sitting at the board room table having a discussion to increase the price plan they said oh wait, lets do it for everybody except nikki2819, no they did not say that, they had full intention of increasing the price for everybody who signed up for this plan regardless of what the phone agent said to you. Chances are, the phone agent might be disciplined for lying to you about it being a "lifelong" plan, and you might get a $5 monthly recurring credit which might be for a few months, but after that's all said and done and the credits expire and the agent disciplined for lying to you, you will still end up paying the new price increase and the board of directors will be happy they got everyone to pay more for the plan as hoped. Sorry but if it was that easy to complain and lower the price for a mistake someone made, more people would do it but these are private corporations and are well within their rights of jacking up prices.

When Trudeau decided to increase our price of Gasoline from the Carbon tax, I can complain all I want to my MP or other government bureaucrats but nothing will get done and no one will care about someone like me, and they will simply tell me to suck it up buttercup.

I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers rate increases

They are 100% correct.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/04/06/freedom-mobile-ad-big-three-millions-switch/

Furious about your constant rate increases.  Every year, you charge and take more and more for truthfully what really? 

Thanks Rogers, or is that spelled with an "M" ?

I've Been Around

Did anyone of you call the misleading company?
Did they give you a credit or something for this?
I've Been Around

I spoke to someone on the phone, and they simply said that they are increasing the price and sticking to it.

They offered 2 years worth of credit to pay back the $5.00 increase, but will not put the price back to $60.00 as was promised when I signed up.

I even had the phone call recorded, and launched a formal complaint with the crtc & ccts.     The person from the Office of the President handling my case from Rogers admitted that they never bothered to listen to it.

Typical.

We REALLY need the CRTC to stop allowing the big 3 to band together and strong arm Canadians. 

This bullying and strong arming has to stop!!!