$60 10GB BYOD changing to $65 per month.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: $60 10GB BYOD changing to $65 per month.

When I took this $60 ( 10 GB ) plan I was advised this is indefinite.

And the rate will not increase till I change the plan.

Unfortunately now it seems all 3 big Cell Phone companies have decided to together increase the rates for the $ 60 promo they all had in December 2017.

Talk about Collusion !

Not HONEST of ROGERS to say this plan will never change and now the increase !

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JuniorB wrote:

When I took this $60 ( 10 GB ) plan I was advised this is indefinite.

And the rate will not increase till I change the plan.

Unfortunately now it seems all 3 big Cell Phone companies have decided to together increase the rates for the $ 60 promo they all had in December 2017.

Talk about Collusion !

Not HONEST of ROGERS to say this plan will never change and now the increase !

So the actual plan itself is not changing, you still have the 10 gigs, and unlimited talking, I believe this is what they mean by the plan not changing, the contents of the plan.  They can do what ever they want they're well within their power, the price can change and there's nothing we can do about it.

I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers: you are insulting the trust of your customers and also the English language.
When I switched during the promotion, the promise was “lifelong”. Yes you advertised it as lifelong... are you listening? L I F E L O N G... you made so many new sales only by using this word called lifelong. Surprisingly your life ended even before 2 years !! That’s not just unfair, but it’s called C H E A T I N G... yes cheating .... you sold on a false premise ....
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gokhaleameya wrote:
Rogers: you are insulting the trust of your customers and also the English language.
When I switched during the promotion, the promise was “lifelong”. Yes you advertised it as lifelong... are you listening? L I F E L O N G... you made so many new sales only by using this word called lifelong. Surprisingly your life ended even before 2 years !! That’s not just unfair, but it’s called C H E A T I N G... yes cheating .... you sold on a false premise ....

heres a surprising piece of information, a lot of wireless sales reps and agents LIE, they use misleading information to get a sale.  Its not new, it happens all the time, door to door, over the phone, or even in store.  theres now an investigation among all the wireless providers from the CRTC.  im not surprised, ive been lied to but i also dont take their word for it and do my own research before i commit to something.  I've had cell plans go up in price for me in the past and I knew the companies are well within their right to do so,  everything eventually goes up in price, bread, food, milk, gasoline,  even your cell phone bill yes.  nothing we can do about it, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. 

I've Been Around

ROGERS IS KNOWN TO LIE TO THEIR CUSTOMERS! I am livid with your disgusting services! I made a mistake by coming to you while other major carriers offered the same price plan at the same time! I was just in the process of moving my Internet and home phone to Rogers from Bell. Thank God I didnt make that mistake! At least Bell sticks to what they say and truly treat their customers right. You bunch of liars always cheating your customers! Just because you make a note of it saying bill is increasing $5, doesnt mean you have the right to increase a plan that was promised it will never change. How is is that every single Roger's employees promised the same thing to every customer, which is pretty evident in all the comments and you are just going to say just sorry? How about being loyal to your customers and stop hiding behind your employees? Better yet, how about training your employees right? Clearly you are the worst carrier provider in Canada! No wonder customers hate your service!
I've Been Here Awhile

You know that Telus and Bell raised it as well... Funny how they all did it the same month.

I've Been Around

I was not notified in any form (no email or letter or text) about 10GB BYOD changing to $65 but I still got charged this month. Is there anyone in the same boat as me?

I've Been Around

So when I changed my plan last year, it was a verbal contract that stated the price will never increase unless I change my services or upgrade my device. That means Rogers is now reneging on a verbal contract which technically isn’t legal. Hmmm good luck I will be calling and I’m not paying.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

lol such nonsense. Not only was I not informed of the $5 price increase until I saw my bill but they said the price would stay as long as I didn't change my contract. A flat out LIE.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Axel_7 wrote:

You know that Telus and Bell raised it as well... Funny how they all did it the same month.

I heard Telus raised it to $70 per month.

All in all, your month to month, not on a term, so they can increase the price if they wished.  nothing you can do about it. if you are unhappy then leave and go to the competition.