$60 10GB BYOD changing to $65 per month.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

$60 10GB BYOD changing to $65 per month.

Hey everyone!

As you all remember the whole Internet Rogers and all carries had a amazing deal the $60 for 10GB offer for the BYOD. Just wanted to let everyone know come January 3rd, the $60 10GB BYOD is jumping up to $65 per month as per Rogers.

$5 Small increase but I rather point this out now so many know before hand.

" “We regularly review and adjust our plans to reflect ongoing network and service investments so that we can continue to deliver the best possible customer experience,” said a Rogers spokesperson, in an email to MobileSyrup. “This promotional plan remains one of our most competitive and continues to offer great value.”

https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/01/03/rogers-fido-increases-60-10-gb-holiday-2017-promo-plan-prices/

***Added Labels***

Re: $60 10GB BYOD changing to $65 per month.

Hey @Meowmix,

Thanks for sharing the article and raising awareness!

Just wanted to specify that while the article was posted today, January 3rd, 2019, the changes to the pricing only take effect starting February 4th, 2019. Impacted customers will be notified via bill message.

Despite the $5 increase, this price plan remains one of our most lucrative offers and includes 10GB data, as well as Unlimited Canada-Wide calling and texting.

Cheers!

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

You're agent advertized that this price would be indefinate till I make changes to it.

Hi @JoeBoxer,

I do apologize if you were given misinformation about how our plans and promotions work. That's not cool. ☹️ We definitely try to be as clear and concise as possible!

Currently, you’re on a month-to-month service, so this increase would impact your account. We provide at least 30 days’ notice for any change to your monthly service fee. A link to our full terms and conditions on rogers.com can be found on page 2 of your monthly invoice.

One of the advantages of choosing a fixed-term contract is that your monthly service fee is set for the duration of your term. Some customers prefer to remain month-to-month and others prefer a fixed-term to lock in their pricing and purchase their device at a reduced upfront cost.

We know pricing is important to you and we try to limit these changes as much as possible. Please rest assured, this promotional plan is still one of our most competitive and it continues to offer excellent value! Just as an example, the current pricing for a 10GB No Tab Canada-wide plan is $135 per month plus taxes. So even with the increase to $65 per month, it's still a pretty sweet deal!

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

I've Been Around

If that is the case you guys shouldn’t be saying that this plan is a life long plan. Now $5 got increased and who know about up coming years. If the $60 plan fixed for life long then they shouldn’t be increasing it. This is really bad as all we the Rogers customers. Not acceptable changes.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I just received my bill which was $5 extra and I was told as well by the staff member that the $60/month was permanent and will never change.  DO NOT blame the staff saying that we were given misinformation as they were clearly told to say this.

Furthermore, I was not informed of this change in any way, shape or form and have been a Rogers customer for over 15 years and have never missed one payment.  I will be calling tomorrow and unless this gets resolved I will be cancelling my services and going elsewhere even if it costs me extra.  In being a loyal customer for over 15 years, I do not have respect in being lied to.

Hello @jedmundson!

Welcome to our Community!

We are obligated to notify our customers of changes to their bill. If you are not receiving these notifications, it is a serious concern that we'll need to investigate because it would mean you may be missing other important notifications regarding your services.

All customers impacted by this increase should have received the following message in their bill at least 30 days before the change takes place:

YOUR WIRELESS PLAN RATE IS INCREASING

We regularly review and adjust our plans to reflect ongoing network and service investments so that we can continue to deliver the best possible customer experience to you. The monthly service fee for your Talk & Text w/10GB - No Tab plan, which is not on a fixed term contract, will increase by $5 to $65/month (plus applicable taxes), as of the date of your first bill on or after February 4, 2019.

Your plan continues to offer excellent value and is priced lower than current in market plans. Your plan also continues to offer access to Roam Like Home (TM) and a wireless network that covers 97% of Canadians.

The rest of your Rogers wireless service will remain the same. This change is made in accordance with the CRTC Wireless Code. If you would like to respond to this notice, have questions, or wish to cancel or make changes to your wireless service, please reach out to us in any of the ways listed in the Contact Us section of this bill.

If you did not receive this message, please reach out to us @CommunityHelps so we can look into this for you. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I've Been Around

Rogers routinely puts out promos that have reduced rates or bonus data for some limited number of months.

The customer is fully aware, when signing up, that the rate or bonus is time limited.

For this 10 gig $60/mo BYOD plan Rogers promoted it as the rate never expiring.

The Rogers rep reaffirmed this on the phone call to sign up for this $60 plan.

So this $60 is REALLY a time limited plan in disguise.

The TIME LIMIT is whenever Rogers feels like changing the plan.

This deceptive at best and more accurately, dishonest.

As the telecom industry is effectively monopolized by a few big players, the consumer is powerless.

Only course of action seems to be to raise this issue to the CRTC.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jedmundson wrote:

I just received my bill which was $5 extra and I was told as well by the staff member that the $60/month was permanent and will never change.  DO NOT blame the staff saying that we were given misinformation as they were clearly told to say this.

Furthermore, I was not informed of this change in any way, shape or form and have been a Rogers customer for over 15 years and have never missed one payment.  I will be calling tomorrow and unless this gets resolved I will be cancelling my services and going elsewhere even if it costs me extra.  In being a loyal customer for over 15 years, I do not have respect in being lied to.

I miss the days when I could buy a loaf of white english bread for $0.99 cents .  As much as I wanna complain about it, I realize things always go up, and seldom do they go down in price, it's not worth complaining about.  Be thankful you got a great deal for the last 2-3 years, moving to another company will probably cost you more in the end because you will be forced to sign up to a in-market plan not a promo and chances are the plan costs more than what your paying now and prob offers less data. so your really only hurting yourself by cancelling and going else where.  

I've Been Here Awhile

It is a permanent 10GB plan for so long as you do not change your plan.

This was your comment a year ago. And what were were told by your employees. I also have the same comment said a on online chat that i saved the log. 

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/60-BYOD-10-Gig-promotional-plan/td-p/412304