3rd party app billing to Rogers' bill

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: 3rd party app billing to Rogers' bill

I have had $5 charged every month from gameloft for years now and can't for the life of me get rid of it. Please block it! They are scammers. There is no way to stop it. I've tried everything. Help!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Stepheriffic23

Gameloft aren't spammers actually. They make mobile games and it's up to the user of the device to accept the charges. Unfortunately you might not remember downloading a game from them or giving your device to someone which played the game and accepted the charges and stayed quite about it or even by accident happened and did not notice it.

On the Rogers bill, it shows u Third Party charges and give u a phone number / site and name of the app. You can also contact Gameloft and speak to them and see what is going on as well.

Have you spoken to Rogers over the phone and tried to have them block it?
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi @Meowmix @Stepheriffic23

I have spoken to Rogers on the phone (and via their online chat) multiple times on this issue. I think what often happens is that someone who's previously had the same phone # that Rogers has assigned to a new owner gets stuck with this on their bill. That is certainly what has happened in my case. Very frustrated with Rogers on this as they seem to continually say 'it's your fault' (not as directly as that, but they don't take responsibility and aren't willing to block the charge). 

Additionally, Gameloft is unresponsive -- their customer service email account disappears into a black hole and there is no other way to contact them that I'm aware of. (Their website is not at all helpful and only directs to the aforementioned email). 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gregdubejsky

You have them option to block third party charges if u ask them. They should be able to do this. Now once this is done, any charges that let's say u want to make with Rogers with third party apps will no longer work.

Have you contacted the office of the President and spoken to them?

Hello, @Stepheriffic23, Thank you for joining the Rogers Community Forums and posting your concern. We can look into your account, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

@gregdubejsky - I'm wondering if you have reached out to us yet as per our previous communication (Message 10). Please send us a private message so that we can review your account as well. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Around

Stop with this Rogers been getting these charges for at least 3 years now and that's a main reason why I left

Hello @Ehkollara,

Sad to hear you've chosen to part ways with us. I have personally experienced really high invoices due to third party charges.

Here's a helpful link about how to Managing third party charges on your wireless bill.

Hope this helps Robot Happy!

RogersZia

I've Been Around

I am having the exact same issue, I have asked Rogers to block the third party charges for me and it has not been done. I know it can be done since I used to work there. I was told changing the number would not change anything. I need this to stop. I am being billed up to 100.00 per month and the games are not being played or used. The third party company has been of no help either. I feel defeated.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Shantal I'd say that the first stop should be the Office of the President, followed by a complaint to the Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services (CCTS).  

Interestingly, Zia's link above indicates that:

"  5. If necessary, we can block third party charges on your account.

If you’re having issues with third party charges, contact us ( at https://www.rogers.com/consumer/support/contactus?contact=billing).  "

So, if you're not getting any satisfaction with the above statement, I'd contact the Office of the President.  

Beyond that, next stop is probably the CCTS, which is found at:  https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/

You can submit a complaint online.  

Food for thought, since Rogers is headquartered in Toronto (right ??) consider making a complaint to the Toronto Better Business Bureau as well:  https://www.bbb.org/ca/on/toronto

Stick to your guns and make the process work as it should !!!