3rd party app billing to Rogers' bill

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

3rd party app billing to Rogers' bill

I have been trying to unsubscribe from Gameloft since I got the phone and Rogers services. I have never subscribed to Gameloft, I have never set up the account with Gameloft, I have never dowloaded game from Gameloft, yet every single bill they take $5. I have tried forums, Rogers CS, sending emails to Gameloft, sending messages to Gameloft and nothing changed.  Gameloft still attaches $5 each month to my Rogers bill. At this point I am ready to cancell my services with Rogers (after only 3 months, and, the worst part is I love Rogers) as I can not solve this and I do not se any resolution any time soon......

***Edited Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

Re: 3rd party app billing to Rogers' bill

Good Evening @GelBender,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

I'm sorry to hear you've had such a frustrating experience with your third party billing. 

Some third party applications do provide the option to bill any game purchases/items to your Rogers billing. Because it is a third party purchase that was made, typically any billing inquires would be referred back to that party. 

You mentioned you have only been with Rogers for three months. Was your number ported over from another provider or did you get a brand new number when you signed up with us?

Usually these types of subscriptions are linked to the phone number, not necessarily the account number. 

When you contacted Gameloft, did they cancel the subscription for you? Was a refund given for the amount you have been charged?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

@RogersGabrielle

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for promptly replying. It was new number and what makes matters more complicated is that I do NOT have account with Gameloft, so there is nothing to cancel. Would changing my CTN get rid of the subscription?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

My guess then, is that somehow the previous owner of that number, had the billing tied with it somehow.

Changing numbers, would be one possibility.

Other as well, would be that you can have rogers TURN OFF the ability for any form of 3rd party billing. 

Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

Hello @hellbender

Thanks for clarifying that information for us.

We would like the opportunity to take a deeper look into your MyRogers account and help you resolve the issue.

I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelpsPlease check our message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

@RogersGabrielle

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you very much. IN

I Plan to Stick Around

Unfortunatley that charge is still there. At this point I feel I have tried  all options to remove GameLoft from my account, but  at no avail. I am runing low on patience.....I need reasonable suggestion, PLEASE. ( I know that changing CTN is nuclear option and I am looking for any solution but that)

Retired Moderator RogersShakir
Retired Moderator

Hey @GelBender!

I have had @CommunityHelps reach out to you, please check your Community Mailbox and respond there. As it requires your account details to be discussed, it will be communicated in a private manner.

Thank you,
RogersShakir
I've Been Here Awhile

I am having identical issue to Gelbender. I'm a new Rogers customer, with a new phone #, and every month I am getting charged $5 for a monthly service from 'Gameloft.' I have no account or subscription with Gameloft, and Gameloft customer service is completely unresponsive. would appreciate any help from the Rogers community on this one. 

Hello, @gregdubejsky

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. I understand the third party which is billing your number is not responding, however, we can take a look into your account. When you are online the next time please send a private message to @CommunityHelpsTo learn more about our Private Messaging system, please click here.

Cheers,

RogersMoin