$25 Basic Cable

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: $25 Basic Cable

@X318 wrote:

I got a call from the president's office in response to my complaint to the CRTC.  She said that the four other people I talked to at Rogers, including the head of sales and another person at the president's office were wrong.  The $25 digital cable TV starter package is available to everyone and no additional services must be purchased in order to get it.  How to interpret this?

Is it just a case of major incompetence?  Is it instead a situation in which Rogers' employees are deliberately misleading customers in order to increase revenue?  Call me cynical but I would bet on the latter.

Of course, maybe the most recent answer I got is wrong and Rogers will continue to tell people they can't have the basic package.  It's quite a muddled situation from a company that one would hope would do better.

Technically that's true.  See here,

https://www.rogers.com/business/products-and-solutions/business-tv/plans-and-pricing/starter-package

But check the FAQ, the line

If the CRTC states that $25 is the maximum that can be charged the Starter package, why am I paying ...

The $25 maximum applies to Starter content only. The CRTC specifically excludes equipment charges from that amount.

You get the starter pack for $24.99 (+tax) but you can't watch it without purchasing or renting a STB.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario