2018-May Rogers internet pricing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

2018-May Rogers internet pricing

I am currently a Rogers internet customer with ignite 30 plan, 250GB/month, 30 Mbps download, 5 Mbps upload. I am looking for the cheapest and entry level unlimited internet plan, speed is not too much important for me, it is the unlimited feature that is important because I do not download a lot, I mostly watch Netflix & other videos. 

Rogers has the ignite 150u plan,  unlimited GB, 150 Mbps download, 15 Mbps upload, $107.99/month (May 2018).

Can someone please tell me why i would go with the Rogers Ignite 150u, when Virgin Mobile Canada has cheaper internet plans per the following : 

Virgin A: unlimited GB,  50 Mbps download, 10 Mbps upload, $60/month (May 2018)

Virgin B: unlimited GB, 100 Mbps download, 10 Mbps upload, $70/month (May 2018)

Both plans have Modem & installation included.

is there anything else i should consider other than speed and GB/month ?

Thank you for giving me your opinions

(Resident of GTA)

***Added Labels***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: 2018-May Rogers internet pricing

@PCao  Contact Rogers via any of the channels and discuss what options for unlimited are available for you.  I was looking for 60/u, but it wasn't available in a bundle when I changed things.

See what they can do for you, but, looking at the Virgin, I am not sure that Rogers will meet those, but you never know.  Only find out by asking.

Happy computing and watching.

Bruce

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: 2018-May Rogers internet pricing

@BS wrote: 

See what they can do for you, but, looking at the Virgin, I am not sure that Rogers will meet those, but you never know.  Only find out by asking.

Is it not rather disappointing  that the customer needs to  "ask" about something like that  ? It does in my opinion  bring up some "why" questions  as to why that pricing  only seems to  be available  via backdoor maneuvers  .