12% Off BCB- ends Sep 06/18

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

12% Off BCB- ends Sep 06/18

Rogers what does this mean? Do I all of a sudden without warning or an explanation have to pay 12% more on my next bill?

Also my current channel package VIP does not appear in your channel packages anymore has it been replace with the Premium package (which is $18 more)?

This does not sit well with me as a long time loyal customer.

If you have a loyalty department I would like an email from them before I start shopping for a new provide.

***Edited Labels***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: 12% Off BCB- ends Sep 06/18

@Macey wrote:

Also my current channel package VIP does not appear in your channel packages anymore has it been replace with the Premium package (which is $18 more)?

The VIP package has not been offered for a long time and you won't find channel listings for it anywhere except by going through your guide.  As you can see, the new packages now being offered have fewer channels for more money. You have to do your own research to determine if the new packages are a better deal for you or not.  Also note that every few months channels are being removed from VIP ("realigned"). Check your bills for these notices at the bottom.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Lets start from the beginning.

The better choice bundles, were a bundle price when getting all 3.
Its a discount, that as far as I was aware was already GONE.. surprised that its still around till now.

Yes, the ones on the website are new and completely different, and at a different pricing structure.

That being said, you DO NOT need to specifically switch to these ones either.   You can still keep on going with your VIP TV if you want.

Any specific other bundle discounts right now, would require you to go to one of the new plans though.

BUT, still doesnt mean you have to.

You can call in, there are often other discounts available, when you have multiple products.
Many of them may require a term commitment (1 or two year contract).
But with those discounts, instead of the BCB, I was able to get up to 40% off specific services at some times.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you I will give them a call.

I was just frustrated when viewing my bill and it mentioned discount was ending in fine print with no explanation.
I'm a Senior Advisor

This change has always been confusing to me from day one - I actually still have mine until next year as it is tied not just to my home services, but also to an existing term on my phones, which don't run out until next year. Because I am on a bundled package, I only get the discount of 8% on the Cable add-ons (one theme pak, and one add-on channel and HBO), just a little over 2.00 in total.  It is bigger and worth it on the phones.

To fully understand whether you can still have the BCB beyond august 18th, call in and discuss your options.  I won't even try to explain what I was told, all I know is that my current plan was renewed for a year, same discounts, and BCB discounts on both the phone until the end of the phone terms, and on the home services until the end of my current term in June next year.

There may also be loyalty discounts you can get, but you can expect that if you were on any discounts on VIP, that when they run out, you will see a huge increase in VIP pricing - I had to come off VIP to current packages two years ago for that very reason - I had accepted a time limited discount on my VIP 4 years ago and when it ran out, I had a massive jump if I stayed with it.

Take a deep breath and start communicating on your options and what this date means to you and where to go for future.

Also, you can look at the posts on VIP and comparing changes on ways that people have posted from their experiences and how to build your own channel list for comparison to new programs.

In my case, I just identified what we as a family definitely wanted, what we could live without, and those we didn't care about.  and told them and had them identify the best package and theme paks and channels, bonus channel options to best meet our needs.

Depending upon what kind of pricing they are going to offer for future, you may also want to look at Ignite, as the package choices differ somewhat in that you can swap around some channels in the mix to get rid of something you don't really care about to get something you do like.  They can explain that better than I can, as I don't fully understand how that feature system works.  There also changes in the premier mix coming up that for once is better than the old premier and closer to VIP channels.

You have a little while to talk to CSR's, or even to communityhelps via the private mailing system on the forum, chat or Social media (facebook messenger or twitter).

Also, if you consider looking to other companies, consider getting in touch with customer relations/retentions.  You can get directly to them by phoning in, work your way to the changes on home services, and wait for the prompt to cancel.

Good luck on moving forward.

Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor

@MaceyOthers have addressed your BCB question. As for deciding whether you should stick with the VIP you have or getting one of the new ones depends on your wants, needs and budget. Without the BCB discount VIP falls about half way between the Popular and Premier packages. Since Rogers won't provide a list of your VIP channels to make a comparison,  You'll have to go trough your IPG page by page and compile a spreadsheet of your channels. I did that and it took me about a week spending a couple of hours a day on it. Even then, there are a lot of duplicate channels and SD/HD choices, so filtering that down to the actual unique channels you're getting is more work. You can do a search of Community Forums for "spreadsheet" and you'll find several threads.

So, what are the pros and cons of staying with VIP or getting one of the new packages?

VIP has a huge number of channels for under $100, but many duplicates and no way to add another channel, even if you're willing to pay extra. (Well, I see there are some specialty subscription channels, but I'm thinking more in the line of adding Fox News, or MSNBC.)  So you're stuck with what you've got.

The new packages have fewer channels shown, but there is the option to add channels and there are bonus channels.  So if money isn't tight, you could customize the Premier package to exactly what you want.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario