cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Facebook pictures & video being blocked???

Hello @marktcaar

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums 🙂

We completely understand how important it is to utilize your service to its fullest extent especially in regards to Facebook and Instagram which are two very popular Social Media services.

Swapping your router will not resolve this issue. It seems to be an issue isolated to your particular area stemming from a problem at the Node or the Hub. We have not been advised exactly what is causing this issue but it is under investigation and a ticket has been escalated as per @Radar2000 the Original Poster (OP).

I am certain this will be resolved in a timely manner and we really do appreciate your patience regarding this matter.

Regards,

RogersTony

marktcaar
I plan to stick around

Hi RogersTony,

Your comments are noted, thank you.

The issue of Facebook pics & videos being blocked started on Sunday June 4, 2017. 

On Monday June 5, I contacted Rogers support via on-line chat to advise the issue. After the technician investigation he determined that this was not a Rogers issue as everything appeared to be in order.

On Thursday June 8, I contacted Rogers support via telephone. After the technician investigation he determined that I should swap my router.  I did this on Friday June 9.

As you have stated, swapping the router did not resolve this issue. Thanks to  @Radar2000 we now have recognition that this is indeed an ISP issue.

Today June 11, is day 8 of this issue; with no fix yet.

My "Rogers Internet 30" charges are $2.40/day - $72.99/month.

Barring resolution in a "timely manner" as you say, I would expect relief of on these charges for failure to provide "fullest service".

All of us impacted are counting on you to keep on top of this. Thank you.

Regards,

@marktcaar

Tflames
I've been here awhile
I am in the Churchill Meadows area and this is driving me crazy. Spoke with Rogers with no luck. Reset router... modem is on bridge mode... and did everything that has been listed to do. Kids have used up all their data on their phones as they constantly shut of Wifi so they can go instagram. So frustrating. If anyone has any other suggestions I will try them!!!

heckbob
I plan to stick around
It was fixed last night around 645pm. But this morning again broken.

marktcaar
I plan to stick around
Hi @Tflames ... there is nothing you can do on your end. This is a Rogers issue. They are reported to be working on it. This is day 9 of this issue in Churchill Meadows.

@marktcarr

marktcaar
I plan to stick around
Hi @heckbob ... I checked numerous times last night & it wasn't fixed. And you're correct it is still out (day 9) this morning.

@marktcarr

Radar2000
I plan to stick around

@heckbob...

I tried checking various times yesterday and around 6:45 and so on...and can confirm that this never was fixed. If it was fixed, I never received any notification regarding my case number.

Churchill Meadows neighbours, I will be contacting Rogers tech support this morning and will be asking for an update. I'll continue to keep you posted.

Thanks.

marktcaar
I plan to stick around
@Radar2000

Kudos to you for staying on the case. I too am checking constantly to see if the fix has been accomplished.

Anxiously awaiting what Rogers tech support advises you today.

@marktcarr

Radar2000
I plan to stick around

I just spoke to a tech support rep. He had mentioned this was fixed as well. He then asked if I reset my modem before trying. I said I had not. He is going to call me back this evening to reset my modem and for me to verify if this has solved the issue.

Has anyone in the area try to reset their modem? If so, please let me know if this has or has not solved the issue.

Cheers!

marktcaar
I plan to stick around
Hi @Radar2000

Just now I "reset" my Rogers Cisco DPC3825 Router/Modem ... by unplugging for 2 minutes then reconnecting.

The issue is NOT resolved.

Attn @RogersTony ... we need your help!

@marktcarr

marktcaar
I plan to stick around
Allow me to wonder out loud ... just exactly how is it that the Rogers tech knows this is fixed? Who among us in Churchill Meadows did he ask to test / confirm?

Radar2000
I plan to stick around
@marktcaar... My thoughts exactly!

Hello Community,

I would like to look into this further. If anyone of you have been given a ticket number or could provide me via private message some information on your modem (MAC address), I will look into it.

Dave

marktcaar
I plan to stick around
Hi @RogersDave ... it is nice you want to look into this; but are you not aware that @RogersTony is already on the case for several days? This has been on going since June 4th.

@Radar2000 has been in touch with Rogers Tech, and he has an open ticket.

@marktcarr

I performed some digging and ran a few tests from the area and it is inconclusive at the moment (I was able to reach Facebook static and dynamic content servers).

This will get technical so I'm sorry but it's probably the best way to troubleshoot this problem correctly.

Using Chrome browser

1. Press Ctrl-Shift-I (this will open the developer tools window)
  2. Go to facebook.com
  3. The developer window will fill up with information
  4. Right click on the one of the columns in the table (Status for example) and add a checkmark beside "Remote Address"

I suspect that the list will contain 2 or 3 different addresses. If you could provide them to me in this thread of via private message it would likely help me. Additionally, there might be some items in red in this list. If it's the case, I would need to know the address of these specific items.

You can also send me a screenshot via e-mail at community.brt@rci.rogers.com. If providing information via e-mail, make sure to mention this is related to the Facebook issue and your Community Forum nickname.

Dave

marktcaar
I plan to stick around
Hi @RogersDave ... I can do this for you but before I do:

a) Do you realize that this is a WiFi issue?

b) Shall I do what you are asking on my smartphone or on my PC ?

@marktcarr

heckbob
I plan to stick around
I can do this afternoon. I have wifi and hardline pcs to work with.

@marktcaar wrote:
Hi @RogersDave ... I can do this for you but before I do:

a) Do you realize that this is a WiFi issue?

b) Shall I do what you are asking on my smartphone or on my PC ?

@marktcarr

It is strictly a WiFi issue? As in you don't have a problem when connecting a PC over Ethernet but you have an issue with a PC over WiFi?

It's a lot easier to run these tests on a PC than on a smartphone so if the problem exist on PC, let's do it there.

Dave

heckbob
I plan to stick around
It's an all around issue.

heckbob
I plan to stick around

details sent in provate message

marktcaar
I plan to stick around

Hi @RogersDave  ...  sorry for the confusion.  The issue is as follows:

Facebook & Instagram, pictures & videos ARE blocked:

a) on PC hard wired to modem.

b) on smartphone connected to home WiFi.

Facebook & Instagram, pictures & video are NOT blocked;

a) on smartphone connected to Rogers Network.

b) on smartphone connected to third party WiFi while not at home.

Having said that, I am about to run the test and provide the information you requested.

Topic Stats