Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

Lumia 920 can't send text messages

I'm Here A Lot
leotran

I got my Lumia yesterday and sent a few texts but found that if you type past 2 messages in one session and try to send, it comes back as saying it can't send. I tried resending but it won't go. 

To send, I had to copy the message, delete the message, paste it in the field then resend. That works.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Please use plain text.

Re: Lumia 920 can't send text messages

I've Been Around
freddyson

im having the same problem!! i find if you stay on the sms page it will send. but you have to stay on the page for at least two minutes. its really annoying. i dont understand why this keeps happening. i love the phone. but since i send so many txt messages its really annoying to have to stay on that message page until i know it has sent

i hope there will be a fix soon!

Please use plain text.

I'm Here A Lot
leotran

Yes I hope so too. I find short quick messages have no problems. Not sure if its Rogers or the WP8 OS.... :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
kw1
No problems here. The 920 just got a sms and call update. Get it and see if that helps.
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
I Plan to Stick Around
John555

I had this problem occur on a number of different phones over the years. If the problem is similar to mine, then call Customer Service and ask them if they can do a "Resend to Switch" They will tell you to power off your phone and wait 10 minutes so call from a lan line with your phone already powered off. If the CS rep doesn't know what you're talking about, call them back until you find someone who does. Or you can try to explain it to them. Just tell them you're having strange behaviour with your phone and last time you called someone sent a signal to update the settings in the phone.

See if that fixes it for you

Please use plain text.

I'm Here A Lot
leotran

Thanks, just did the update so we'll see how it goes from here on in.

Please use plain text.

I'm Here A Lot
leotran
Thanks, will try that after testing the new update that just came through...
Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
RealtorTechGuy

can someone please confirm if this update that is being referred to is a Nokia update? Did this come through OTA or through the store? My FW 1242.1001. I have a Calls + SMS option under settings and when I open it, it closely immediately.

thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
RWalrond

I had the exact same problem. This only happened when the text message was spread out over 2 messages. I'm pretty sure my phone is all up to date. Hmm, I'll have to keep an eye on this.

Please use plain text.

I'm Here A Lot
denious
Same problem here. Every 10th message or so I get "couldn't send message". Clicking "try again" works every time. The recent update didn't fix the problem, had it happen already twice today after the update.
Please use plain text.
Welcome

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades

Pour notre communauté en français cliquez-ici!

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count

socialicon Facebook Helps Compliment Concern

© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications