Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

Classic Combo plus Basic Digital Cable vs Digital Plus

I've Been Around
th123

Does anyone know if there is a difference in  over all price between Basic Digital  Cable with Clalssic  Combo and Digital Plus?

The base cost on my bill shows $34.94 for the basic and $23.49 for Classic Combo (58.43); whereas, Digital Plus is showing on Rogers as $57..46.

Is there something I am missing? THe Digital Plus seems to have a lot more channels. I am hoping someone may be able to give me insight before I call customer service again.

Re: Classic Combo plus Basic Digital Cable vs Digital Plus

Resident Expert
Gdkitty

I am not seeing the classic combo+basic digital cable listed... at least on their current offerings.

It may be an older grandfathered plan.

If the digital plus has more channels for the same price (aprox), than it may be the better option.  Remember though, many of those channels, etc, you would need a purchase/rental of a digital box to access them.

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.

I've Been Here Awhile
epcjay

If I remember correctly, Classic Combo  gives you channels 47-60 something and a few others while digital plus does not.

Keep the classic!

I've Been Around
bumbum_ca
Yes I have exactly the same concern too cuz I wanna group my internet, TV and cellphone together in a bundle for cheaper, but in order to get this new TV plan I gotta give up my classic one and dunno by doing so I would have to give up some old channels I like or not, so should I really keep the classic?

Resident Expert
Gdkitty

LIKELY you will not loose anything.. most of the older plans like that.. often have LESS than the newer ones... but sometimes were cheaper overall.
(say, newest equivelent has 60 channels.. yours might only have 50, but is less $).

Any majore channel changes.. say like moving a channel from a regular package, up to a PAY EXTRA package, would have efected all plans.

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here

Resident Expert
OLDYELLR

Classic Combo was from long before digital, back when the channels you received were controlled by a filter on the cable. That's what I had. I doubt if there are even people in Rogers customer service who have been there long enough to know what it was. The best thing for the OP to do would be talk to Rogers to see which current package will give the best bang for the buck and the channels s/he wants to watch.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

---------------------------------------------------------------

Resident Expert
Gdkitty

Thats true, Oldyellr

Best bet is, to call with them, saying

"Right now i have channel X, Y, Z, which i MUST have."
Which package do i need to get, to keep those channels."

And then compare the bundle price, vs the price paying now, etc

socialicon Helps Facebook Compliment Concern

Welcome

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades

Pour notre communauté en français cliquez-ici!

Top Solution Authors
User Accepted Solutions Count
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications