Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT
Accepted Solution

8300HD will no longer record programs

[ Edited ]
I'm Here A Lot
JG24

I live in Ottawa (Nepean). Yesterday (Wednesday, Feb 9, 2011), my PVR rebooted itself at around 10:15pm. I figured it must have been some type of firmware update, done during primetime for some reason. Now the PVR can no longer record new programs. The RECORD light goes on, the menus indicate that the program is recording, but nothing new gets added to the Program List. Trying to play back the program during recording results in a blank screen. Programs that were already recorded appear to play with no issues. 

Not sure if this was indeed a firmware update or an issue with my specific box.

Another funny thing after the reboot is the used space went down from 95% or so to 82%. The few existing programs I've tried to play back have succeeded, so I don't know if anything has been deleted or if some previously unavailable space has been freed up.

Please use plain text.

Re: 8300HD will no longer record programs

Resident Expert
Chris
Try to power cycle the box and see if the problem still exists.

I don't think they would push firmware during prime time.. It's usually 3:00 am..
I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

Rogers Employee
Jeffrey

Hello,

There could be several things that may have happened that caused this to happen. My advice for this situation is to contact our customer support team and speak with Cable Repair Tier II regarding * 8300 PVR Unable to play back or record *.

Our trained representitive will work to resolve this for you.

1-888ROGERS1 (1-888-764-3771)

If you have any further questions please ask,

-Jeffrey

I am a Rogers employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Rogers or its affiliates. Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Rogers mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue de Rogers ou d’une société de son groupe.
Please use plain text.

I'm Here A Lot
JG24

Thank you both. Unfortunately I'll have to wait till this evening to get home and try both of these suggestions.

Please use plain text.

I'm Here A Lot
JG24

Another reboot did indeed fix the box. Also, the space occupied jumped back up to where it was before.

Please use plain text.

Community Manager (Retired*)
RogersErin

@JG24

Great news, happy the reboot fixed your issue! :smileyhappy:

Click on the thumbs up image  to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the Options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for -- it'll help our community grow stronger.

Please use plain text.
Announcements
Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Latest Blog Post: Spotlight: SA8300HD PVR Hard Drive Dead

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades
Nos forums communautaires
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications