Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

?ypbpr blocked for copy protection?

I've Been Around
seanhawn19

I have my rogers HD cable box hooked up to my LED TOSHIBA tv through HDMI cable. I keep getting this message appear when change the channel sometimes "YPBPR blocked for copy protection, press exit to cancel." What is this? and how do I stop it from appearing. Nothing else is hooked up to the HD box. Thanks

Please use plain text.

Re: ?ypbpr blocked for copy protection?

Resident Expert
Pauly
try hooking it up via the Y PB PR (component HD connection and see if it helps)
I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Chris

Weird I've only heard of that happening when someone hooks up hdmi and some other connection like component...

There is only cable in and hdmi out hooked up?

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
leman

I  agree with Chris.  I have only seen this message when the component o/p is used in conjunction with the HDMI o/p.

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Pauly
Just because you agree, doesn't mean I'm not right. There is another post infact right on this forum that explains that HDCP handshake does not work between all TV's and Cable boxes via HDMI. So to get around it, they use Analog HD Component cables.
Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Chris
@Pauly we're not saying your not right. In fact I agree with you and that your solution will work. I'm just saying that it is weird as I have only seen this issue when hdmi and component are hooked up at the same time. For sure the SA digital boxes leave something to be desired with their HDCP handshake, sometime just turning on devices in a different order fix the issue, other times setting hdmi output to fixed can help.

Sometimes the solution is exchanging the box for a cisco version (noting that you will lose callerid on the tv and the quick start guide)
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
I Plan to Stick Around
leman

Pauly,   I never said you were wrong, I only agreed with Chris.  

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Pauly

those that paid for the 4250hd, can't exchange it for the 4642 box, they would have to go out and buy a new one and try to sell their old one

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Chris
@Pauly yes that does pose a problem. I assumed rented and shouldn't have.
Please use plain text.

Former Moderator
RogersReggie
Hi seanhawn19,

You can try turning your TV to the HDMI input, then turn off the TV and your digital box, then turn on the box and then the TV. This should "re-handshake" to allow you to watch through the HDMI input.

Let us know how that goes.

Click on the thumbs up image  to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the Options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for -- it'll help our community grow stronger!

Please use plain text.
Welcome

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades

Pour notre communauté en français cliquez-ici!

Top Solution Authors
User Accepted Solutions Count
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count

socialicon Facebook Helps Compliment Concern

© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications