Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

HD PVR 8300 - PVR Functions Lost, All Recorded Shows not Listed

I've Been Here Awhile
zeken

Hi

I recently moved to a new house and when I hooked up my PVR 8300 I noticed I could not pause live TV and I could not play any of my recorded programs.  I rebooted and now when I click on list it says the box is full but at the same time it also says I have no recorded programs.  Also all my scheduled recordings are gone.  I have rebooted a few times now but it nothing happens.

The PVR has basically become  a non PVR HD Box. 

Is the box toast ? Have I lost all my recorded programs ? 

Thanks !

Please use plain text.

Re: HD PVR 8300 - PVR Functions Lost, All Recorded Shows not Listed

I'm an Advisor
FormerMember

This has been a problem for many ever since Rogers updated the firmware a year to a year and a half ago. In fact this is only one of many problems created by Rogers with their ill-advised update. We have lost our recorded programs 3 times now. A reboot does not do anything. What we did was to delete all of the programs that appeared in our list but would not play. We have also been able to continue recording new shows. Can you record anything now at all? If not, I would think that you need a new box. 

Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
zeken

Can not record anything new - my box was close to full when I disconnected it - it appears the programs are still taking up the space on the drive but they dont appear in the list.  I cant record anything new since its showing as full but I cant delete anything either.

I guess I will just have to go to Rogers and replace it with a new box.

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Meowmix
That means the box is done. I have had this issue before & when i called Rogers tech support, like always no help. So i just went to the store, got a 8642HDPVR.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

I'm an Advisor
FormerMember

As a last resort, you could try reformatting the HDD before taking it back. 

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=471859

Last Resort (Reformat). If for some reason you can't get STB to do what you want and you've rebooted it by unplugging it, etc., this is a "last resort" item - say just before taking unit back, you can try reformatting the HDD. The format operation resets all data on the DVR, including all recordings, preferences and scheduled recordings. It is a "factory fresh" reset.

When doing the format procedure, there are times where it won't always "take" and will have to be redone again. The procedure is to get the mail light blinking from the remote control by holding down the pause button. Once blinking do not press anything else except the page down (page -) button on the remote three times while watching the display. The display should say something like HDD-1 and then HDD-2 or HDD-F. Once on the setting you want (typically the third press) leave it alone and put the remote down. In a few minutes, the DVR will reboot and reformat on it's own. Once complete in about 10 to 15 minutes (depending on RDC and FDC signal level quality) the unit will be available to be turned on, but it's best to leave it off and come back at a later time after it has completely downloaded all of the guide data and info.

1. Press and hold PAUSE until Mail led is lit.
  2. Press PAGE down or (-), and then press LIST three times.
  3. Turn box off. When turned back on, formatting will begin.
Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
zeken

The reset worked !  I did lose all my recordings but now I can keep the box  - Thanks

Please use plain text.

Re: HD PVR 8300 - PVR Functions Lost, CANNOT RECORD PAUSE ETC JUST A BOX AT THIS TIME

I've Been Around
saws

I tried the suggestion hold pause button than do page down 3 times.   I am getting a message E-002.   Any idea how I could resolve this error.

Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
stupidorwhat

well, well, well.....................reformatting worked, now I don't have to run to rogers and spend $500.00 or rent to own the new nextbox

thks

Please use plain text.

Re: HD PVR 8300 - PVR Functions Lost, CANNOT RECORD PAUSE ETC JUST A BOX AT THIS TIME

[ Edited ]
I've Been Here Awhile
bellafox

To saws :

You may have pressed the wrong key, please reboot box by unpluging and pluging back in the power cord to the box and then try the below sequesnce again!

1. Turn box off. 
  2. Press and hold PAUSE until Mail led light on box display is lit/blinks.
  3. Press PAGE down or (-) once!
  4. Press LIST three times.
  5. Wait for box to finishing counting number and it will go to PROG, then boot. Once its display is blank turn box ON.

Lastly box will show black CISCO screen and then LOADING DATA screen. Once complete your  picture should appear, proceed with testing PVR functions!

Please use plain text.
socialicon Facebook Helps Compliment Concern

Welcome

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades

Pour notre communauté en français cliquez-ici!

Top Solution Authors
User Accepted Solutions Count
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications