Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT
Accepted Solution

HD Box issue

I've Been Here Awhile
pyx13

I just picked up a Cisco Explorer 4642 hd box, plugged it all in.  Everything works but it won't allow me to run the hd setup wizard.  I followed the instructions by holding the guide and info buttons at the same time with the tv on and the hd box off but I don't see anything on my tv screen.  The picture doesn't seem like its 1080.  can anyone help? Thx in advance.

Please use plain text.

Re: HD Box issue

I Plan to Stick Around
leman

do you have the new guide?...if so the hd set up wizard does not work ... otherwise I'm not sure.  I was able to run the hd setup wizard on my 4642 before the update.  

Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
pyx13

Thanks.

Yes I do have the new guide.  So there is no way to run the wizard?  Is there any other way to do it manually?

Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
VictorK

I'm having the same problem!!!!!! the two buttons arent doing anything for me

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Gdkitty

I can confirm, that when using HDMI (even on passthrough on my surround sound), that, while on a HD channel, it does output 1080 (my new TV detects and shows the incomming source resolution when turned on).

On an non HD channel, it wont, still outputting 480.

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
VictorK

As per the new update, there is no way to currently get into the hd setup wizard that i know of!

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Gdkitty

I never actualy even ran it before.. never had an HD output issue?

What did the wizzard actualy do?

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
VictorK
The wizard allows you to select or deselect certain options to aspect ratio. Therefor allowing you to delete anything under 720p to eliminate all the different screen sizes from channel to channel keeping it more fluent. As of right now i cant even select HD, nor does the format show on the front panel of my box
Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
klau

I've already programmed recording times, favourites, etc. Will running the wizard delete all these setting & 'reboot' the PVR back to the state it was in when I got it? I'd like to run it becuase the formatting between channels is odd, but am afraid I'll wipe out all my preferences & set recording times. 

Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
VictorK

I dont think it will, only modify your resolution settings, although i dont think youl be able to runt he wizard if you have the new box and have updated already

Please use plain text.
socialicon Facebook Helps Compliment Concern

Welcome

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades

Pour notre communauté en français cliquez-ici!

Top Solution Authors
User Accepted Solutions Count
Top Kudoed Authors
© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications