Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

Rogers on Demand Issues

I've Been Here Awhile
PxG77
I'm having issues watching the new season of Spartacus online through Rogers on Demand. After selecting the episode I want, it appears as though it is loading but then an error window pops up:
ERROR
An error occurred while requesting the content license. (3321:10100) Please try again.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Please use plain text.

Re: Rogers on Demand Issues

Resident Expert
Gdkitty

Has it happened over a few days trying?

I know a while back we had that with... soemthing, cant remember what, on RoD.

Tried it the next day, and that episode was just fine.  It was like their upload for it was corrupt or something.

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
msherboneau

I am having the same issue on playbook with the same error message.

Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
PxG77
It has been a continuous problem. I only get the error message on my playbook, but am experiencing the same problem on my HTC Evo3D as well. I can watch regular shows on both without any issues, just not TMN-type shows.

Rogers Technical support is baffled and keep shuffling me between cable, Internet, and wireless depts.
Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
msherboneau

Do you think it is worth it to call RIM to see if there is a setting that needs to be changed to fix the issue?

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Meowmix
You could call RIM but they might ask you to pay for them to service & check it. I had to pay $150 for them to troubleshoot my blackberry torch a few weeks ago.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
techchallenged

About 15 months ago i switched to rogers because i got tired of the bell satellite constantly losing signal and internet problems.  For almost the last year. I have had similiar problems off an on when i watch rogers on demand. On demand would stop in a middle of a show and say an error occured. Also sometimes on demand wouldn't even load. The screen would just say an error occurred.I have a explorer 8642hd pvr. When it first started happening i would call the helpline, rogers was helpful in helping me get my on demand working again. They told me to reboot the pvr which i did, then they ran a systems check on everything on there end(which they said everything was good). Then they would monitor my system for the next 24 to 48 hrs to see if i needed a stronger signal(they said the signal i am getting is good). As i told rogers the first couple times i called was on demand would work fine for a few days or weeks then it would stop working. Weather was not a factor cause on demand quit on clear days as well. I only called a couple times cause i found out if i turn everything off and try the next day it worked fine. This happened to me again this thurs mid morning(i was frustrated) which i finally decided to call again after months of not calling. They told me the exact same thing again. Then the helpline lady said if i don't call about the problem they can't fix it. I told her i get the same answer each time so why should i call and waste my time to get the same answer. I am also frustrated with my internet which i will post on the internet forum. I like the on demand because i work nights and i can catch up on all the new shows. But I pay for my cable to work not to have these constant interruptions on demand. On a side note the menu/t.v. guide was blank for the last 2 weeks( not a big deal since i don't watch much t.v.)  Any help would be appreciated. I am looking at getting a new service provider since i pay for the services to work  not periodic frustrating interruptions

Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
lockhood123
With regard to the Playbook issue, I wasted about 10 days trying to have Rogers fix the problem with my no longer being able to access my PAID content I had previously enjoyed on Rogers on Demand Online. It's ironic that this problem occurred at about the same time as the launch of the rebranded ROD to Rogers Anyplace TV. Very frustrated! Is this problem going to be fixed anytime soon?
Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
carl_n

We are 'VIP' service customers and immensely frustrated with the terribly uneven availability of' Rogers on Demand'.  For every 1-2 days of granted access, we experience 3-4 days in which the service refuses to sign on.

And no, it is not a technical issue with our digital box; that box has been unplugged and/or re-authorized dozens upon dozens of times.  

And no, it is not a consistent problem with a particular digital box; we have replaced the box 3 times in 4 years.

And Rogers technical service?  How many times must we be asked "Did you unplug the box?"  Beyond that and an equally useless re-authorization signal, tech service offers no solutions.

By any benchmark of performance, service availability of less than 50% can only be considered an abject failure.  

What will it take for Rogers to finally upgrade their infrastructure and provide world-class service?  

How long will it take Rogers to upgrade its network in an apartment buidling like ours, built in the 70s and last cabled in the 80s? 

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Gdkitty

While i dont access it daily.. i only have maybe 1/20 times RoD not work.. so it may varry from place to place, like you said based partialy on INFRASTRUCTURE.

Now, this can varry in what/who is responsible.

If its the area as a whole, yeah that is rogers.  Even into the apartment and likely the main 'splitter' so to speak in the building is likely under rogers umbrella..
But alot of the stuff.. like the wiring in the apartment building, IF that is causing part of it.. usualy falls on the owner. (and most apartment owners dont want to pay for that).

The techs on the phone arent really techical people usualy :smileysad: they only go off scripts, which is why you always get the 'unplug' stuff..  Have you had an actual tech out to measure signals IN the building? This may promt some work to actualy be done in some way, if it ends up being an issue.

Please use plain text.
Announcements
Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Latest Blog Post: Spotlight: People you will see in the Community and 'who' they are. Part 4

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades
Nos forums communautaires
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications