Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

AMC HD?

I Plan to Stick Around
meee223

Sorry if this may have been asked before but I don't see a search function so don't want to go back too far to check. Anyway, since AMC has a lot of quality programming such as Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Mad Men and the upcoming **bleep** on Wheels, why isn't an HD channel available for AMC? Does AMC broadcast in HD, but Rogers is choosing not to carry it? This is one channel that deserves to be shown in HD.

Please use plain text.

Re: AMC HD?

I've Been Around
Savagehenry

AMC HD exists but Rogers does not carry it. Call or email Rogers and let them know you want it, I did that earlier this summer and they said they would pass my comments along to the department responsible for getting new channels.

Please use plain text.

RogersAndrewNP
Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
JenniG
A lot of channels are available in HD that rogers does not give us like Space, ID, and Discovery as well as AMC I am almost tired enough to move my cable service. Rogers used to have more HD but not anymore. I paid 1500 bucks for my tv I would all my programming to be available so that I did't waste my money to watch channels that look like crap on it.
Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
angelus_025

They are waiting until all of our favourite AMC shows like Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, The Killing have all run their course and end or are cancelled.  Once we have nothing else to watch on AMC and don't want it anymore I am sure we will get it.

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Gdkitty

Each channel, is originaly broadcast by different carrier...

Bell, rogers, shaw, etc.

If you are not the owner of that channel, you have to pay extra to get the HD version of it, etc.  Some other providers, may have some of those channels, but not others in HD.

Hopefuly they can work out some deals and get them soon.

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Lurker
Discovery and Bravo are NOW ON in HD on 574 and 576.
---------------------------------------------------------------
I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
mikeevd

I can not for the life of me begin to understand how they don't have this channel in HD.  It has been one of the most requested one for 2.5 years at LEAST.

Yet....here we are. Still wondering.  I wish they'd just put out a press release or something admitting why it hasn't happened, because there's obviously something going on behind the scenes. Everyone else has it.  End of story.

Please use plain text.

I'm a Reliable Contributor
mousetamer
With any luck it or Space will be added in couple of weeks. I noticed a while ago that Sportsnet 1 says it will no longer be available on ch 581 (I think that is the number) as of July 12. Maybe.....
Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
jcat

There's 2 slots free in the 500's 575 and 581 (after sportsnet1 moves)

I am hoping for SPACEHD and AMCHD. Knowing rogers it will be ABC SPARKHD and some other lame channel

Please use plain text.
Announcements
Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Latest Blog Post: Introducing - *New* Members to Rogers Resident Experts

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades
Nos forums communautaires
Top Solution Authors
User Accepted Solutions Count
Top Kudoed Authors