Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

Remote not working

I'm Here A Lot
frzk

Hi, 

I got the Rogers TV connection 1 week back and suddenly, my remote has stopped working. The power button is only working but none of the other buttons work. 

Whenever, I press any button the light on remote control blinks, but the Netbox does not change channels. The Netbox is working fine as the channels are being changed. 

I will be very thankful, if some helps me on this issue. Should I replace the remote or have i used any key which has disabled the functions of other keys.

FR

Please use plain text.

Re: Remote not working

Resident Expert
Gdkitty
What button is blinking on the top? CBL? Or one of the others?

Try pressing CBL then do your channel change, etc.

Try swapping the batteries, just in case.

If you have a Rogers store nearby, you should be able to just go in and swap only the remote.
I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

I'm a Reliable Contributor
mousetamer
I'm confused. You say in the second paragraph that the nextbox does not change channels, but in the next sentence you say it does. Does that mean you changed the channels from the front of the box with the buttons that are on it? Or do you mean that the front display of the box is not showing you the channels as you change them? If it is the second issue, you can change what the display shows you in the settings menu. By default, most boxes are preset to always show the time on the front.
Please use plain text.

I'm Here A Lot
frzk

I have pressed CBL button and tried to change channels, but the Netbox does not respond to the remote control. 

In my previous post, I meant to say that the Netbox is not responding to remote control. The Netbox itself is working fine. I can change channels if I press buttons of Netbox. The problem is with the remote. None of the buttons are working on the remote, including power button. However, when I press any button, the light on CBL blinks. 

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Gdkitty
Had you just recently programmed it for the tv? Wondering if the core programming got overwritten.

Best bet is to go and swap just the remote.
I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please use plain text.

I'm Here A Lot
frzk

No, I did not program anything. The technician who came for the service installation did it once. The remote worked fine for some days but then, the Netbox stopped responding to remote control. 

I am planning to go to Rogers service tomorrow and exchange the remote. Lets see what happens. 

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Gdkitty
Hopefully it's just the remote that's flakey.

Could be the ir sensor on the box that's gone.

You only got the one box? The remotes will work on any Rogers box.
Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
Torsix

I had weeks of problems with one remote for my Nextbox, exchanged it today, and ended up within hours with the same problem.  Essentially the remote works find for about half an hour and then seems to seize up.  I cannot change channels nor summon up past recorded programs.  The light on the remote flashes but nothing happens.

If I turn the whole system off and wait several minute it sometimes returns to life,but not always.  It is extremely frustrating and I don't know how to deal with it.

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Gdkitty

Does this happen any time of the day? or have you only really dont it in the evening?

What is the lighting like in the room?

The IR sensors on these units seem realy sensitive.. and can pick up IR spray from some of the newer TV sensors VERY easily.  With high lighting in the room, usually seems OK.. but any low light can cause some of the TVs low light sensor, to interfear (when the light it up, doesnt seem to effect it, or as much).

If your TV has one of these settings (eco mode, light sensor, etc), try turning it off.

Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
Odavor
Worked for me, I turned the intelligent sensor mode on my LG tv and all is good. Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Announcements
Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Latest Blog Post: About Me: RogersAmanda

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades
Nos forums communautaires
Top Solution Authors
User Accepted Solutions Count
Top Kudoed Authors