Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

8300 HD PVRs Subject to random rebooting!

[ Edited ]
I'm an Advisor
FormerMember

Lately the 8300 HD PVRs seem to be randomly rebooting at any time of the day. My understanding is that if the box is being updated, it is usually done between midnight and 6:00 AM. A few days ago, our box rebooted 3 times between 5:00 and 5:30 PM. Yesterday it rebooted around 7:00 PM. This morning, it once again rebooted around 7:30 AM. In reading comments on another forum, I know we are not alone in having this issue with the boxes.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=1276399#post1276399

Is there a reason for these seemingly random reboots? Every time our box reboots, I live in fear that we will once again lose all of our recordings. It is bad enough that shows being recorded at the time of the reboot are interrupted and split into 2 or more recordings! These problems with the PVR have now been going on since last fall and I for one am getting really tired and frustrated with them!

Please use plain text.

Re: 8300 HD PVRs Subject to random rebooting!

I've Been Around
Bizzy_Toronto

My PVR turns itself on a 5:30 every night. Rogers says there is nothing they can do about it

Please use plain text.

Re: 8300 HD PVRs Subject to random rebooting!

I'm a Reliable Contributor
Speedy1701

If your PVR turns off daily at the same time, check your settings ... specifically "Timer: Wake-Up"

Please use plain text.
© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications