Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

Can't get BNN today in Toronto

I'm Here A Lot
John-Paul

I'm in postal code M5H 3B3 and haven't been able to get BNN (channel 57) today. My TV just keeps saying "No Signal". It was working fine yesterday.

I'm on "regular" cable (no digital set top box).

Please use plain text.

Re: Can't get BNN today in Toronto

Resident Expert
Gdkitty

While i am not currently UP on all the channels which have/are being cut recently... it IS possible that this one has been droped from analog now.

As has been informed for almost up to 2 years now, eventualy all the analog stations will be gone.  Rogers has been cutting usualy 1-3 of them, every month.   This may be one of the current ones :smileysad:

To get this back, you will likely need a digital box of some form.
Wiether a paid SD, HD, HDPVR, or just getting a FREE DTA digital tuner.

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

I'm Here A Lot
SpeedyC
Hi John-Paul.

For channel lineups, check out http://www.rogers.com/channels/

Under "Channels available without a digital box", I selected Toronto and BNN is not listed anymore.
Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Gdkitty

Huh.. i never even realized that that thing down there, had a link for an analong (as well as the different types of boxes).

Learn new something every day, thanks SpeedyC!

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please use plain text.

I'm Here A Lot
John-Paul

Thanks for the replies (and the link to the channel guide, I was looking for something like that). I guess that answers my question then and I'll need to get a digital box for this TV.

Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
jays77
Don't know if location make a difference, but I'm in Ottawa and BNN is still available here in analog on channel 58.
Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
Zenith
That really sucks. Probably done because Bell is a competitor and they are happy to sabotage that channel. I use an older TV in my kitchen to watch BNN, I would not get a digital,box just for that. Time for business minded people to switch I guess
Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Lurker

Its not rogers or bell.......its the canadian government.......all analogue service is being shut down.  Its only been ongoing for the last 2-3 years now.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Gdkitty
You can get a dta for free.

And switching will do nothing. All other providers have needed a digital box since they started (all sattalite, etc). One way or another regardless of provider you will need a digital box
Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
OLDYELLR

Well, there is digital OTA and there should be lots to choose from in Toronto, but I don't know too much about it.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Please click on the "thumb" if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.
Announcements
Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Latest Blog Post: Community Highlights: GENERAL NETWORKING Q & A

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades
Nos forums communautaires
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications