Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT
Accepted Solution

Nextbox Explorer 8642HD PVR user manual

I Plan to Stick Around
jimosman

Is there any link where I can find the  Nextbox Explorer 8642HD PVR user manual?

I need some information for the different  functions for the remote control?

Please use plain text.

Re: Nextbox Explorer 8642HD PVR user manual

Resident Expert
Meowmix
Hello jimosman

Here you go. http://www.cisco.com/web/consumer/support/settop_8642HD.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

Re: Nextbox Explorer 8642HD PVR user manual for programming the PVR?

I Plan to Stick Around
jimosman

Thanks.  Just took alook at the user manual and that is fine for hooking it up. But there is no info on  how to program the PVR?

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Gdkitty
I haven't seen the one for the new guide around (all the old guide). On my phone so can't search easily.

Any particular question? We might be able to help.

Pretty simple for the basics. Press the guide button, and browse to the time/channel you want to record. Press the ok button and should pop up a menu. On here should be an option to record. Select it, then will give you some extra options for that recording.
I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
jimosman

I want to be able to set the on and off time and channel instead of using the Guide.  You are right the Guide is easy to use.

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Meowmix
Hello jimosman

Are ypu talking about about the on and off feature for the box? Its not available for this software and box yet.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Gdkitty
Like something like 8-11:30, on channel 13

Like how you would set on a VCR?

Unfortunately you can't.

If you need to do say a block of them in a row, (say like a show marathon) you need to record each.
Other option if they are the same, you can set options to record series, then select this channel, any timeslot. Etc.
Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
jimosman

Meowmix  &  GDkitty  thanks for your replies.  Meowmix, yes that I was trying to do the same thing as my VCR.

GDkitty, thanks for your info.

Do guys know of any link where I can get this info for the box, or do I just experiment with the functions?

Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
BigJug

Gdkitty wrote:
Like something like 8-11:30, on channel 13

Used to be able to do this on the old firmware.  Set the channel to record 1 min.. 2 min... etc before or after the start of the program, and finish at whatever time you set it for...  I believe on the new firmware, you can only choose 5 min, 10 min.. (maybe different/more) or something like that.... another reason a lot of people choose the old vs. the new.

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Gdkitty
Bigjug, you can do that or close to it with the new guide, but not as flex able. But it's not quite what the op was looking for :smileyhappy:

Jimosman, if I find it, I will post it.
Please use plain text.
© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications