TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Nextbox 3 won't boot up

[ Edited ]
I've Been Here Awhile

Nextbox 3 won't boot up

[ Edited ]

Came home today to find "boot" on my Nextbox 3. After I rebooted, a software update started, but aborted at "CD99" giving a "CRC" error message.  I talked to Rogers and the only troubleshooting was to unplug it and plug it back in after 10 seconds. Other than that, they said I could swap the box, or send out a tech to check the signal. Is there anything anyone can suggest I try from a troubleshooting perspective, or should I just accept my fate and swap the box?

***Edited Labels***

Re: Nextbox 3 won't boot up

I'm an Advisor

It's probably a signal related issue in your home or neighbourhood and they should be able to check it remotely. It's quite rare that it's the box. See the following post on that topic:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks! They're showing a lot of outages in Brampton and Mississauga, so it might very well be weather related. I'll try again later tonight.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation