Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT
Accepted Solution

Rogers Wireless Service Problems?

I've Been Around
scotte

Has anybody else been having a higher-than-normal amount of problems making calls, sending sms', online with Rogers wireless.  It seems that I have to dial 4-5 times over the past couple of days in order to get a call to go through.  My wife, (also w/ Rogers) is having the same problems.  p.s. my bill is paid up-to-date. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.

Re: Rogers Wireless Service Problems?

I've Been Around
iPhonekid

I've been havening the same problem, I go to send a SMS or call someone and my phone drops my service. I have seemed to have fixed it so far just by going on my iphone and resetting my network settings. I don't know how long that will last but I hope its not a long time before Rogers fixes the problem.

Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
yaletownboy

I'm currently on Rogers' other discount carrier, F*DO and about to move over. I'm a little concerned now that I've been reading about Roger's network.  I'm just going to have a regular phone. No iPhone or data plan. How bad is the network for 'old school' users?

Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
jamiebrymer

To make a long story short, I have been a Rogers customer for all services for many years and 18 months ago, I purchased the Iphone 3G, after about a month, it became defective so they replaced the phone with a new one.  Now, I wake up to find my phone will no longer connect to Wi-Fi service and can no longer use it for internet purposes.  I find this extremely frustrating as I use my phone for my Xerox work, as many of my colleagues do.  I spent 2 hours on the phone with Technical Support, Customer Care, a Customer Manager and no one had any alternatives except to buy a brand new phone.  So there is no compensation for the fact that I lost $200 + of applications, that I paid Apple $29.99 this morning to try and fix my phone at the advice of Technical Support, they just want me to buy a new phone or pay $500 + for early termination fees even though they cannot provide the service that I have been paying for years.

This doesn’t seem to be the appropriate way to conduct customer service and especially in the world of social media and the fact that competition is at an all time high

Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Pauly
Before you go and buy a new iphone, you can fix most of the problems by simply trying a software update and full reset of the device. I would try these first, and if it fails, you might want to contact the MAC store and see if they can fix it for a nominal charge before you start to fork out $$$ to replace it at rogers.
I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

Rogers Employee
WiseD

jamiebrymer wrote:

So there is no compensation for the fact that I lost $200 + of applications

If your referring to applications on the iPhone that you have paid for then they are not "lost". To download applications you have to create an account with Apple (Apple Id). Through this account all of your applications, paid and free, are logged for just such a situation. If you have already wiped your device without syncing it you can always contact the Apple Technical Support at 1800MYAPPLE (1800-692-7753) and have any paid applications reissued.

jamiebrymer wrote:

18 months ago, I purchased the Iphone 3G, after about a month, it became defective so they replaced the phone with a new one. 

As far as the warranty for replacing devices, this is something that is determined by the manufacturer. As you can see there was no issue with the device being replaced while it was under the manufacturers mandated 365day warranty. Obviously no hardware is going to last forever without some aspect of it breaking down (god knows my car follows this rule); do to this there is always going to be an end to the covered life of the device.

jamiebrymer wrote:

they just want me to buy a new phone or pay $500 + for early termination fees even though they cannot provide the service that I have been paying for years.

You mentioned the issue with the device is the Wifi not working. This has absolutely nothing to do with the service of the Carrier. This is entirely a hardware issue. Most people believe that it is the carrier thats refusing to replace the device. In reality the carrier is only following the warranty set forth by the manufacturer.

As far as options to get a working device there are options beyond paying $500 to cancel. Rogers also the Hardware Protection Program to get you a new and working device. Depending on the model of device, the prices can range from $0 to 50% off the outright price (ie outright price $500, HPP price $229). Not all devices are as much off but there are some pretty decent options through there if you need a device with working Wifi.

Hope I was able to provide some insight,

Cheers! 

I am a Rogers employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Rogers or its affiliates. Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Rogers mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue de Rogers ou d’une société de son groupe.
Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
whitey72
Originally purchased iphone 3gs in June 2010 from rogers. Wouldn't hold a charge in around august 2011. Customer service was useless, not to mention my warranty just expired. Had to have Apple diagnose it, according to them it could not be salvaged, and they were puzzled as to why it was useless. I had to purchase a new 3gs for $100 plus tax. Guess they would refurbish my useless cell,since they kept it. Now I have problems with wifi connection, while in the middle of a 3 year contract. Customer service cares less when your warranty is up. Rogers should spend their money on us rather than those bull**bleep** commercials!
Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Meowmix
Whitey72. Rogers DOES NOT fix the iPhone's. Apple does. This is why Rogers & every iPhone user goes to the Apple store to get the iPhone checked & fixed. Rogers has the policy with Apple that way. Get mad at Apple for this & not Rogers. Costumer service can not do anything with the iPhone because they are not techs. They are costumer service to help you with bills & other stuff. Any time you have a problem with your iPhone you need to get in contact with Apple. Its been like this since 2008 when Rogers first released the iPhone 3G.

The Warranty of a iPhone is only covered with Apple & ONLY Apple. Not with Rogers. The phones are NOT made to last for years you need to understand that. Manufacturers make batteries & phones to last about 1-2 years so then you can go buy the new phones they come out with.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
whitey72
By the way, meowmix, it is customer, NOT costumer. Just so you know genius!
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
Resident Expert
Meowmix

Sorry  i said "costumer". instead of being rude about it be nice. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Announcements
Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Latest Blog Post: Spotlight: Hitron CGN3 Port Forwarding

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades
Nos forums communautaires
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications