Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

Welcome to Rogers Email to SMS. You have mail, but are not subscribed

I've Been Around
an0n

Hi,

I tried to send an email to txt to my phone by emailing to mynumber@pcs.rogers.com. I received this noticifaction

"Welcome to Rogers Email to SMS. You have mail, but are not subscribed: reply "Yes" to this message to subscribe"

I would like to know if there are any fees,if I reply yes.

I have unlimited incoming txt.

Thank you

Please use plain text.

Re: Welcome to Rogers Email to SMS. You have mail, but are not subscribed

Resident Expert
Pauly
of course there is probaly fees, i would not bother, just tell ppl to TXT msg u instead
I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

Former Moderator
RogersJonathan

Hello an0n,

Welcome to the Rogers community,

I believe if you are replying YES to view the email send to you there is no fee. But please verify by calling our customer service department. Keep in mind that replying to this message counts towards your text messages(SMS). If you do not have a text messaging plan on your account then yes there will be a fees applied to your account.

If you want to avoid seeing the message :

"Welcome to Rogers Email to SMS. You have mail, but are not subscribed: reply "Yes" to this message to subscribe"

And you wish to see the message directly without seeing the message above; there is a monthly fee for the email to SMS functionality.

You're better off calling are customer service department to get more information concerning this. You can reach them by calling 1-866-931-DATA.

I hope this helps,

Click on the thumbs up image to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for -- it'll help our community grow stronger!
Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
Rescueguy

Look, sending us off to talk to someone to get an answer is all well and good in your mind...if someone has the time to sit and wait, and try to explain the situation.

The anser should already be obvious.  In my opinion, if you already have unlimited text receiving, why should there be a fee to accept another SMS whose origin happens to be web-based or e-mail based? It sounds like another money-grab to potentially get users to pay even more.  Texting is already the very most expensive way to transmit digital information (in terms of cents per byte).  Give us a break.  It is not rocket science to take text in an e-mail and turn it into a test message, surely!

The problem when you see this "there's a message waiting" message, you have to reply as if you are agreeing to something that might potentially incur an additional charge, but it is NOT CLEAR whether you are committing to pay anything extra, either for the one message, or you end up committing to an ongoing charge of some kind.

It seems silly to have to answer a message with a message, to get a message you should already be getting for free, because your plan says incoming messages are free.

Why can't I find a simple answer to the simple wuestion: "Am I charged for receiving SMS messages that may originate from the internet, or from e-mail?  When I check MyRogers, or FAQs, or search for "email to text", I cannot get a straight answer.  This is the kind of thing that frustrates the **bleep** out of people.  If you cannot be upfront about this, then it is time to seek another provider that can cut the crap, and give a straight answer.

Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
raylee11

Does anyone have an answer for this yet??  Is email to txt another add-on subscription??  Or is it part of an unlimited texting package???

1st CSR told me that it was a spam msg because Rogers doesn't offer that service.  She told me to delete it.  She called back 5 min later and said that it actually was a msg from Rogers.  Pseudo-apology.  After thinking about it, this meant that I have an email waiting for me?  So I called back.

2nd CSR could not tell me either. He suggested that it was an ad from Rogers and probalby no email waiting for me in cybespace.

3rd CSR (the next day, because I sent myself a test email) tells me that in order to see the emails sent to my phone#@pcs.rogers.com, I'd have to "subscribe" which means additional charge.   Still confused because the web page <http://www.rogers.com/web/content/add-ons/text-messaging> is ambiguous....the $5 add-on is for direct service and emliminates the initial msg that you have an email.  This 3rd CSR is saying no, the charge is for everything.  He also implied that this is a "legacy" service for people that don't have smartphones who otherwise can't read an email on their regular cell phones.  That makes sense. 

Just another add-on charge that Rogers seems to get us all on....hmmm....no surprise there.

Wow. 

Please use plain text.

Moderator*
RogersDarrell

Hello everyone! The Email to TXT option is an option for non-smartphone users to use to be able to send & receive email. There is a charge; either per month or PPU to use the service.

If you are a smartphone user or not interested you can simply disregard the message as it is simply an FYI SMS sent to all customers to notify them of the service capability.

If you have any questions regarding this service please feel free to PM me anytime.

RogersDarrell

Click on the thumbs up image to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for -- it'll help our community grow stronger!
Please use plain text.

Resident Expert
Pauly

rescueguy:

the yournumber@pcs.rogers.com is an old school way for phones to receive e-mail before e-mail was made available on phones.  technology has advanced rapidly, there is pleanty of other inexpensive ways to read e-mail on your phone, reliably, and cost effective.  If you really really really truely want to use it, then sure why not, but dont forget you have to tell all your business contacts to start emailing you at your new contact  yournumber@pcs.rogers.com.

if you choose any of the other options and theres pleanty, you can continue to use your existing email address with your existing contacts.

I'm NOT a Rogers employee. I'm a Rogers Community Resident Expert and I'm here to help. To learn more about the Resident Expert program, click here
Please click on the if you like my posts.
Please use plain text.

I've Been Here Awhile
raylee11
thanks darrell. finally an answer...
Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
Looted

they did answer your question you just failed to read it.

if you have unlimited then its FREE

if your plan charges then it costs what YOUR PLAN is based on.

Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
djkuzenko

Would like another clarification if possible ...

I see it like this ... if you don't have unlimited texting this message allows you to ignore msgs rather than incur costs (even though you can't ignore text messages sent from a phone) which I can sort of understand ...

If you have unlimited texting is there a way to configure email to txt to NOT bother with this message which wastes 3x the resources ...

email to txt comes straight to me = 1

email to text notification

my reply

msg come to me = 3

(ignoring the first one time YES reply to enable it in the first place)

I would  much oprefer it the email msg just came straight to me unless someone can point out why this "feature" is a good idea?

Please use plain text.
© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications