Rogers.com - Welcome

WIRELESS HOME PHONE CABLE TV INTERNET HOME MONITORING BUNDLES SUPPORT

Rocket Hub W35 Telephony issues.

I Plan to Stick Around
Tim

Hello to the board. I wasn't sure where to put this thread because there is no place else to place it but here in Mobile Internet, and this telephony part of the Hub is not a Home Phone I think.

My W35 is having 4 steady green bars and the internet speed is good, the tower is 10KM away as I am using a Dual Band YAGI 24dB external directional antenna and a Dual Band Wilson indoor amplifier to get the 4 bars, but I am having some serious problems with the telephony part as follows:

New Voice Mail messages will not light up and flash on my Hub, this problem started about a week ago.

People call in and sometimes it rings, sometimes not, and the Voice Mail will take in a message when it does not ring which brings it back to my first problem when there is no flashing on the Hub.

I pick up the phone and dial out, sometimes the phone at the other end will ring, sometimes not, but it may work if I hang up the phone and dial up again the second or third time.

I called up Rogers twice about those three issues, the first call didn't fix it, the second call they only gave me a ticket number.

Last summer I tried two times to get Rogers to place my Hub phone number into the 411 directory and both times it failed. They said it will take 10 days to get it into the 411, but both times I waited 3 weeks and my name and number was never once placed into the directory at 411.ca . Both times I asked them to cancel the subscription after 3 weeks because I didn't want to pay $3/month and the $20 activation fees for nothing.

Has any other users gone through some similar issues with the telephony service on the Rocket Hub, and has anyone fixed any of them yet?

Please use plain text.

Re: Rocket Hub W35 Telephony issues.

I Plan to Stick Around
brian-m

I am having the same problems & more but Rogers tell me they are not having these problems. Check out the subject " Rogers Hub Data & Voice " down below

Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
Tim

Hi, glad somebody responded to this thread. I was told by Rogers in that second phone conversation that these issues were commonly widespread and they have a lady technician working on those problems. They gave me a ticket number and said the lady will work on them, but so far over the past few days I did not receive any calls back and those problems were never fixed. I only have a residential account here, not a business one, but I am surprised that so far you are the only one with similar issues like what I have.

Perhaps there are other discussion forums that have more Hub users who might know what to do?

Please use plain text.

I've Been Around
jlmartel2000

Hi, 

I have bought my Rocket hub 20 Days ago and I have the same problem then you. I have 4 bars of signal with no antenna because i'm in town (Drummondville, Qc ) . I have called rogers many many times with this problem with no succes and no solution for me. I'm very disapointed about the big cie. Too Bad

Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
Tim

Hi jlmartel, do you have a Rocket Hub W35 device you got from 20 days ago? I think the Rocket Hub Netcomm is the latest version they rolled out recently, so if this model is the one you have it means Netcomm is having the same issues as the W35. Perhaps the problem is originating from the Rogers Towers?

Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
brian-m

Mine is less than 30 days old & it is a W35. They are sending me a replacement( I think just to pass time ). I think your right that it is the network & not the hub !!

Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
Tim

Hi Brian, please let me know how that replacement Hub will work when you get it going.

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
I'm a Trusted Enthusiast
xplornetsucks

You guys do realize the last FIRMWARE fix for these W35 routers was from last year, and they still had "KNOWN" issues that have yet to be fixed.. perhaps getting Rogers and Ericcson to release a new Firmware fixing known issues and your issues is the only answer.. One major question... are you guys DATA only or DATA and VOICE on contract...... I'm thinking the data AND voice may be a root at some/all connection issues.. guys in austrailia were suggesting that you call yourself while using the netcomm routers to improve your data connection... checkout whirlpool forums

Please use plain text.

I Plan to Stick Around
brian-m

I have data & voice, I tried calling myself and other people, it kills my download speed, can't understand how some say it works better !!!

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
I Plan to Stick Around
Tim

I have data and voice but the voice part has no contract and can be cancelled at any time. I may want to try and disable the Voicemail and set up an answering machine to take in those messages, but there may be some calls that won't ring up my end, so this may not work.

I can't find anything in Whirlpool Forums about the W35 issues on this thread, it's a big forum.  It is so strange that Australia is way ahead in wireless technology and they even have fax services up and running on their mobile hubs. I have a fax machine which I can't even use with my W35. I don't understand why North America is too far behind and Australia is taking the lead.

Please use plain text.
Welcome

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums where you can ask questions, get answers and share expertise related to Rogers products and services.

Useful Community Links:
Welcome to the Community
Rogers Idea Box
Community Guidelines
Terms of Use
OS Upgrade Schedule
Wireless Network Upgrades

Pour notre communauté en français cliquez-ici!

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count

socialicon Facebook Helps Compliment Concern

© 1995 - 2010 Rogers Communications